News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Pitt State plates available in Missouri now

Started by apeman33, August 20, 2011, 07:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeman33

I just saw this item in the Pitt State alumni magazine that arrived at my house today. The same issue also says that the Kansas version is half price in September. Normally $30 and it said that contributions from earlier in the year could count and I have $50 during the spring drive. I might just have to see if I can get one.

I don't know if any other Kansas colleges are available in Missouri or in any other state. I know there are many states where alumi groups have succeeded in getting plates for their out-of-state college. I think you can get Penn State plates in Maryland, for example.

golden eagle

They do that here in MS. I've seen MS license plates with LSU, Alabama, Auburn and Memphis logos on them.

SP Cook

That is a issue in my state.  Here in WV, you can get Penn State and Virginia Tech plates (the only schools that so far have been able to sell enough subscriptions to qualify).  Some states have 100s and 100s of out of state plates.  But there are people who oppose that.  In Ohio and Kentucky, for example, only in-state colleges can get plates. 

I like NC's system.  In NC you can get out of state and in state private school alumni plates.  But only if the college involved liscenses the logo to the state at no charge.  And the extra fee goes to fund scholarships for NC students at NC public colleges.

PAHighways

There are numerous out-of-state university alumni plates you can get in Pennsylvania, for such institutions as Notre Dame, Purdue, and Syracuse.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.