News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Capital Area Road and Bridge District (Baton Rouge area)

Started by jbnv, May 18, 2018, 05:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbnv

From the Business Report:

QuoteThe House and Senate overwhelmingly approved Senate Bill 496–creating a five-parish regional authority that, among other things, will be tasked with finding a way to finance a new bridge–and sent it to Gov. John Bel Edwards' desk for final approval. The governor is expected to make a decision next week, and the prospects look favorable.

The regional authority, dubbed the Capital Area Road and Bridge District, would have the power to implement tolls, impose parcel fees or levy taxes–subject to voter approval in [East Baton Rouge Parish and the surrounding parishes]. The district's seven-member board of commissioners will be tasked with devising funding and infrastructure plans, which must include a new bridge.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

Anthony_JK

I'm wondering if this new authority will also be responsible for developing the proposed Baton Rouge Loop tollway and/or the proposed Westbank and BUMP corridors as well as the new Mississippi River bridge.

Meanwhile...I-49 South/US 90/Lafayette Connector still sits there, waiting its turn at the funding table...

froggie

Could make a stronger argument for either another Baton Rouge span or a parallel I-10 span than for I-49.

brownpelican

Quote from: Anthony_JK on May 19, 2018, 02:55:58 PM
I'm wondering if this new authority will also be responsible for developing the proposed Baton Rouge Loop tollway and/or the proposed Westbank and BUMP corridors as well as the new Mississippi River bridge.

I would imagine so.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.