News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Good Sports Car Roads (from West Coast thread)

Started by Alps, April 10, 2009, 09:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Where are your favorite sports-car driving roads in the Northeast?  Here's some I came up with...

US 6/202 on the east side of Bear Mountain Bridge if you can get there at 5:30 AM on a summer Sunday.  You get to see the sun rise from the vista on top of a few miles of glorious ups, downs, and squiggles.  Don't go during the day because it's clogged with slow trucks and other downers.

I discovered I like back-country farm roads.  A lot of the southern DE State Roads fit that bill - you can go 70-80 mph and then slam on your brakes for a turn, go zig-zagging through the farms.  There are some in western NJ like Sarepta Rd. (upper or lower) where the vertical bumps are just as unpredictable as the horizontal bumps.  I don't even drive a sports car, but I love to drive like I do.

Finally, PA 154 if you want to drive an entire route with nonstop fun.

njroadhorse

In western Passaic County and northern Morris County NJ, there are a lot of good drag strip/racing roads like Clinton Road in Oak Ridge, and Cannistear Road in West Milford.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.