News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Interstate 10 Washout Near Ehrenberg

Started by ethanhopkin14, August 25, 2022, 03:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethanhopkin14

Max Rockatansky

Apparently one westbound lane is already being utilized as the detour route.  CA 177 and CA 62 are handy alternates given this is east of Desert Center.

US 89

Honestly it was only a matter of time before something big washed out in the southwest, given how active this year's monsoon season has been

citrus

Last night, all of I-10 EB was shut down.... and so were significant chunks of CA 62 and 177, so the only non-back-roads way to Arizona from the Coachella Valley would've been heading up to Barstow to pick up I-40 or heading down past the Salton Sea to pick up I-8!

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: citrus on August 25, 2022, 06:32:56 PM
Last night, all of I-10 EB was shut down.... and so were significant chunks of CA 62 and 177, so the only non-back-roads way to Arizona from the Coachella Valley would've been heading up to Barstow to pick up I-40 or heading down past the Salton Sea to pick up I-8!

The Caltrans Quickmap doesn't show any current closures on CA 62 or CA 177.

If you had an high clearance/4WD vehicle and felt confident enough with your off roading abilities I guess you could try for the Bradshaw Trail.  :D

citrus

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 25, 2022, 06:36:29 PM
Quote from: citrus on August 25, 2022, 06:32:56 PM

The Caltrans Quickmap doesn't show any current closures on CA 62 or CA 177.

If you had an high clearance/4WD vehicle and felt confident enough with your off roading abilities I guess you could try for the Bradshaw Trail.  :D

Yeah, looks like the both reopened this morning:
https://twitter.com/Caltrans8/status/1562691210464022528
https://twitter.com/Caltrans8/status/1562622485094248449

I'm guessing most other roads out there were flooded over, but with the right vehicle as you say....

amroad17

Judging by viewing the June 2022 GSV, it appears that the culvert for Calada Ditch was being rehabbed and improved ( :hmmm:  :-o), which may have been a cause for this particular washout.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.