News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US 89

Used to be that you wouldn't exactly advertise to the rest of the forum that you were being moderated...

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 08, 2023, 08:42:36 PM
And those thresholds are:

35=Moderated Posts
90= Muted
100 = Banned

For this forum?
Wait this forum has moderation levels? How does one check your moderation level? And what do those numbers mean? I'm very confused, someone explain. Also for post count a day, my average over time is only 6 but on a busy day on the forum where a lot is going on I can hit close to 30. But no regularly.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Scott5114

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 09, 2023, 12:15:44 AM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 08, 2023, 08:42:36 PM
And those thresholds are:

35=Moderated Posts
90= Muted
100 = Banned

For this forum?
Wait this forum has moderation levels? How does one check your moderation level? And what do those numbers mean? I'm very confused, someone explain. Also for post count a day, my average over time is only 6 but on a busy day on the forum where a lot is going on I can hit close to 30. But no regularly.

tldr: if you don't know what this is referring to it means your level is 0 and always has been.

When you are issued a formal warning by a mod, they have the option to attach a certain number of points to it, in multiples of 5. These points degrade over time, decreasing by one each day.

1-34 points: watched (does nothing but display a notification to the moderators on each post that the user is watched)
35-89 points: moderated (a moderator must approve posts before they go public)
90-100 points: muted (the user can log in and view the forum normally, but cannot post)

Again, if none of this seems familiar, it just means you've never gotten a warning with points attached. And indeed you have not.

MultiMillionMiler

Thanks for clarifying all of it in 1 concise post. I just wish this was stated in the rules page to begin with.

hotdogPi

Posting here instead of the 99 thread because I don't want to derail that thread.

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 10, 2023, 08:04:56 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 10, 2023, 07:56:52 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 10, 2023, 07:36:05 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 10, 2023, 07:34:11 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 10, 2023, 07:28:45 PM
Quote from: 1 on February 10, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
No, 495 is 5 99s.
Oh yeah math.

OMG and I just realized that I-495, the closest main interstate near me, spells out "DIE" when you convert to the alphabet. And, even just the abbreviation "L.I.E" makes it seem like a big LIE! Now I'm certain there's a conspiracy going on.
You should just join qAnon. That would be a good fit for you.

I got better things to do than count the same election votes over and over expecting a different result. I can optimize the time in my jobless life much better than those people.
get a job

also get a girlfriend (directed at MMM, not Roadgeekteen)
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

MultiMillionMiler

What's more likely to drain your bank account? Traffic Tickets? Or your wife in a divorce?

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 10, 2023, 08:24:17 PM
What's more likely to drain your bank account? Traffic Tickets? Or your wife in a divorce?
How old are you MMM?

MultiMillionMiler

I just turned 23 in November. But if you count the womb time I may technically be 24 by now, not sure.

kalvado

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 10, 2023, 08:22:25 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 10, 2023, 08:20:37 PM
Nah, sex is more harmful than driving.
Proof? That doesn't seem true.
Sex leads to the creation of new life, which eventually leads to another death...  Fatal outcome of life is  unavoidable...

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: kalvado on February 10, 2023, 08:34:57 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 10, 2023, 08:22:25 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 10, 2023, 08:20:37 PM
Nah, sex is more harmful than driving.
Proof? That doesn't seem true.
Sex leads to the creation of new life, which eventually leads to another death...  Fatal outcome of life is  unavoidable...

And to be frank it is kind of selfish to force yet another human to exist in the shitty world conditions we have now. By 2060, Earth will reach its maximum capacity, and by that point nature will level off the number whether we like it or not. And given the choice of Abstinence/Nature, nature will do it in much more nasty ways than abstinence, so guess which one I prefer.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 10, 2023, 08:26:18 PM
I just turned 23 in November. But if you count the womb time I may technically be 24 by now, not sure.
You're 23? WTF I thought you were 13! 23 year olds are full grown adults with jobs.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 10, 2023, 08:37:55 PM
You're 23? WTF I thought you were 13! 23 year olds are full grown adults with jobs.

That's a very modern thing. My dad didn't start working until 24. I wanted my summers free during high school, and frankly it's been surprising how many teens have jobs, child labor should be banned. Now going back in time I would have gotten a job instead of going to college at 17, but I still have at least $25,000 in savings and live at home so there's no rush. I can afford to Cherrypick the most pleasant/suitable hours job possible. Besides I just finished college last June, so big effin deal if I took a year off in between. I mean if you can't even rent a hotel room, gamble, buy weed, or drive a truck until you are 21, why should you have to work before then? It's ridiculous that out of all our absurdly high age limits for very basic privileges, working is one of the lowest (14). Teens that young shouldn't have to work, especially if still in school, that's my rant on this topic.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 10, 2023, 08:47:28 PM

That's a very modern thing. My dad didn't start working until 24. I wanted my summers free during high school, and frankly it's been surprising how many teens have jobs, child labor should be banned. Now going back in time I would have gotten a job instead of going to college at 17, but I still have at least $25,000 in savings and live at home so there's no rush. I can afford to Cherrypick the most pleasant/suitable hours job possible. Besides I just finished college last June, so big effin deal if I took a year off in between. I mean if you can't even rent a hotel room, gamble, buy weed, or drive a truck until you are 21, why should you have to work before then? It's ridiculous that out of all our absurdly high age limits for very basic privileges, working is one of the lowest (14). Teens that young shouldn't have to work, especially if still in school, that's my rant on this topic.
Many teens don't have to work, they just want money to buy things.

Max Rockatansky

I'll have to message some of my cousins who worked on a farm as kids.  I'm sure they'll be totally in agreement that it is normal to start working at 24 years of age.

kalvado

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 10, 2023, 08:51:26 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 10, 2023, 08:47:28 PM

Many teens don't have to work, they just want money to buy things.
Most people want more money and less work. Ideally lots of money and no work. It's just that money don't grow on trees for most of us (apple farmers may have a different opinion, though)

Max Rockatansky

You probably wouldn't like what my Dad had to say to me when I told him that he should give me money before I was 18 (he was paid in the 5% scale you site).

Also, what is your definition of a "hardcore"  pre-adult job?  I worked for a garage part time once I had my license.  I did general shop labor, sometimes helped work on cars and was the guy who was often sent out to Slim Jim car locks or install spare tires.

kalvado

kalvado

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 10, 2023, 09:19:26 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 10, 2023, 09:09:41 PM
You probably wouldn't like what my Dad had to say to me when I told him that he should give me money before I was 18 (he was paid in the 5% scale you site).

Also, what is your definition of a "hardcore"  pre-adult job?  I worked for a garage part time once I had my license.  I did general shop labor, sometimes helped work on cars and was the guy who was often sent out to Slim Jim car locks or install spare tires.

Did he need most of it, or was just one of those "teach responsibility" tough guys? If it's the latter, I've never understood that logic. As for "hard core", if you aren't legally an adult, I would say anything longer than 5 hours per day (assuming you aren't in school at the moment) 6 if you include lunch hour, and anything hard labor/Advanced skills like Computer Programming..etc, unless it pays really high, and anything absurdly early (teens need 10 hours of sleep), like starting before 10 am, at least for people in that age group.
Actually working in a qualified labor place is a good way to get some advanced skills. I still benefit from the electronics skills I learned back in teenage days that way. I bet Max would say something similar about car skills...

Roadgeekteen

Did he need most of it, or was just one of those "teach responsibility" tough guys? If it's the latter, I've never understood that logic. As for "hard core", if you aren't legally an adult, I would say anything longer than 5 hours per day (assuming you aren't in school at the moment) 6 if you include lunch hour, and anything hard labor/Advanced skills like Computer Programming..etc, unless it pays really high, and anything absurdly early (teens need 10 hours of sleep), like starting before 10 am, at least for people in that age group.
Many HS students work over the summer. No school then.

Scott5114

I think it says a lot about MMM that my household doesn't even exist according to his chart.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 10, 2023, 09:38:40 PM
It's pretty funny that I don't even exist according to MMM's chart.

Well since people making below $50,000 are likely financially struggling, they may just not have money to "go around". But if you're making high-multiple six figures a year, it won't hurt to give your kids $20,000 or $30,000 a year so they have a good 6 figures in their bank account to start out with (and that's not even really enough to live on without working these days anyway). I think most people would rather have an easier lifestyle than the "pride" of knowing you worked your ass off for a basic living.

kalvado

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 10, 2023, 09:38:40 PM
I think it says a lot about MMM that my household doesn't even exist according to his chart.
More like he thinks you're not entitled to have kids.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on February 10, 2023, 09:34:28 PM

Many HS students work over the summer. No school then.

High school is their main job. It's harder than working on many levels (aside from the no lay aspect). I can personally confirm college was easier, and the individual  components of high school, and state prison, can appear very similar. So I consider any teen who also works in the summer as working overtime (except without overtime pay because obviously there's no pay in school). And with the extreme economic ageism, like making people under 25 pay exorbant amounts for car insurance for example, only increase the need for mandatory minimum percentages like in my chart. Yet ironically, there were a couple driving jobs I was looking into recently that had a 25+ age requirement. Flaming hypocrisy, if I can't even work certain jobs until 25, what the fuck is the justification for charging double insurance for 18-25 year olds (even with a perfect driving record).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.