News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AARoads shield gallery updates

Started by agentsteel53, May 30, 2009, 01:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitball

I took a slightly better photo of the NJ 27 shield last night.  ;-)

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

spitball

Quote from: US71 on December 20, 2016, 10:24:10 PM
Nice!

SM-G930V

Thanks ~ I love cast signs like this.  Also, NJ 27 passes about 4 miles from my location, and I prefer to collect local/nostalgic things.

Jdsizzleslice

Here is a roadway sign to upload! AL HWY 255 (Research Park Bvld. in Huntsville, AL).

D-Dey65

Quote from: Jdsizzleslice on August 02, 2017, 10:20:37 PM
Here is a roadway sign to upload! AL HWY 255 (Research Park Bvld. in Huntsville, AL).

All I see there is Photobucket's "Please Update Your Account" banner.

formulanone

Is the gallery still taking new submissions and allowing updates?

spitball

Quote from: formulanone on October 18, 2017, 10:20:54 PM

Seems not.  I submitted a couple NJ shields last year, but there were technical issues with the gallery that I don't think were resolved.

Alex

Quote from: spitball on November 29, 2017, 08:31:20 AM

Seems not.  I submitted a couple NJ shields last year, but there were technical issues with the gallery that I don't think were resolved.

My friend Matt will be revising the code on this in the near future, and we will be resuming updates with the gallery after we redesign it. Will post here when I have some news.

US71

Quote from: Alex on December 06, 2017, 08:15:35 AM

My friend Matt will be revising the code on this in the near future, and we will be resuming updates with the gallery after we redesign it. Will post here when I have some news.

Yay! :clap:

Rover_0

Does that mean updates are coming to the 'Save' feature on the Shield Generator?
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

US71

Quote from: Rover_0 on December 06, 2017, 11:15:25 PM

Does that mean updates are coming to the 'Save' feature on the Shield Generator?

kphoger

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Alex

:no:

Per Jake, the code is depreciated and essentially needs to be reworked in a more modern language than flash. With that not happening, I just need to remove it from the site.

US71

Quote from: Alex on December 07, 2017, 02:43:12 PM

Per Jake, the code is depreciated and essentially needs to be reworked in a more modern language than flash. With that not happening, I just need to remove it from the site.

No one has the skills? :(

TheArkansasRoadgeek

JavaScript, JQurey?

Well, that's just like your opinion man...

kphoger

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on December 08, 2017, 12:07:32 AM

JavaScript, JQurey?

Fixed your quote string so everyone can see what you typed.   ;-)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: kphoger on December 08, 2017, 12:53:51 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on December 08, 2017, 12:07:32 AM

JavaScript, JQurey?

Fixed your quote string so everyone can see what you typed.   ;-)
I didn't know it was broke, thanks! :thumbsup:
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

paulthemapguy

This hasn't been discussed in forever, but are you still accepting submissions to the shield gallery?  I have photos and separate cropped images containing only the shield, ready to go.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

formulanone

I don't understand why the Shield Gallery isn't able to be updated - it appears to be simple HTML 4.0 - I could do that.

As for the Shield Generator...I don't have the skills for that.

Scott5114

Sure, the output is HTML 4, but it's generated by PHP.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

formulanone

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 25, 2018, 03:49:16 PM

Other than the search gallery feature, it seems kind of unnecessary. Maybe there's a deeper coding reason I don't understand.

Scott5114

Quote from: formulanone on October 25, 2018, 03:53:08 PM

Other than the search gallery feature, it seems kind of unnecessary. Maybe there's a deeper coding reason I don't understand.

Maintaining a large photo gallery (including the sort of tagging and thumbnailing the gallery uses) is a colossal time sink if you have to do it manually in HTML.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

formulanone

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 26, 2018, 02:48:31 PM

Maintaining a large photo gallery (including the sort of tagging and thumbnailing the gallery uses) is a colossal time sink if you have to do it manually in HTML.

But when it hasn't been maintained in two years....

US71

Quote from: formulanone on October 26, 2018, 04:02:23 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on October 26, 2018, 02:48:31 PM

But when it hasn't been maintained in two years....

We have a volunteer :)

KeithE4Phx

Anybody know what's been going on with the Shield Gallery page for the last week or so?  I've been getting the following error message:

Quote from: AARoads Shield GalleryFatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /homepages/13/d117650366/htdocs/aaroads.com/shields/randomthumb.php:7 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/13/d117650366/htdocs/aaroads.com/shields/template_top.html(37): include() #1 /homepages/13/d117650366/htdocs/aaroads.com/shields/index.php(16): include('/homepages/13/d...') #2 {main} thrown in /homepages/13/d117650366/htdocs/aaroads.com/shields/randomthumb.php on line 7

Other than the heading and the above error message, the page is blank.  Refreshing the page doesn't help.
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.