News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Stomach issues

Started by Zeffy, February 02, 2015, 07:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeffy

I know this isn't a health forum and all, but I would rather ask you guys about this first since I know a lot of you.

Recently, I've been having episodes of nausea, ones that usually end up with me getting extremely close to vomiting, but tapering off before that actually happens. Last night during the super bowl, I was fine after eating dinner (just a standard meal) for about 2 and a half hours. Then, as I was sitting/laying on the couch, I felt myself getting nauseous. During the half time of the game, I went to the bathroom, which felt like it was going to be ...liquidy but ended up being normal.

As the night went on, it worsened. After the game was over and I watxhed a bit of the post game celebration, I got up to go to my room, and the moment I got up, it felt like someone just took my stomach and flipped it 90 times over. I began to sweat which usually means the whole "about-to-hurl" part of this bullshit is about to happen. Well, it once again ended up fizzling out after I did a lot of deep breathing in front of my fan. I lied down and let it settle, only to have to piss again. AS SOON as I got up, it felt like someone flipped my insides again, bringing back the sweating and urge to vomit. Again, it fizzled out. I fell aslee afterwards and woke up a bit better in that regard.

The problem is though is that this isn't the first time this has happened. My first thought was I ate too much - possibly, but I can't say I felt sick after eating. I used to attribute this in the past to some sudden allergy to foods (bird meet and potatoes trigger this a lot more than normal beef), but seeing as I didn't have anything like that at all last night, it can't be that either. Perhaps it's caused by reclining? It seems like most of these episodes are caused by that, but like everything else, I'm just not sure.

It may also help to know that on my 20th birthday, I had these general symptoms of nausea (but wayyyyyy worse, and sleep inhibiting) and I went to the hospital because they were slightly concerned by my symptoms. After about 6 hours there, they told me I had benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) but that it was harmless. I'm starting to wonder if this is causing all this bullshit.

Really, any insights on what may be causing this would be appreciated. Not even the Internet and WebMD (amazingly it didn't tell me I had cancer) has been a help thus far. 
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

TheHighwayMan3561

Wonder if it's the appendix. I've heard that does some pretty crazy shit to your stomach area even though the appendix itself is not in that region.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

robbones

Alps

BPPV can definitely do this.

Zeffy

Quote from: Alps on February 02, 2015, 08:26:56 PM
BPPV can definitely do this.

Crap, I figured this. Well, I have some ondansetron left from my original hospital visit a year ago, so if it happens again, I can pop one of those and see if it dispels the nausea.

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

jwolfer

Perhaps gallbladder issues, take note if it is after a fatty meal.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Zeffy on February 02, 2015, 10:58:05 PM
Well, I have some ondansetron left from my original hospital visit a year ago, so if it happens again, I can pop one of those and see if it dispels the nausea.

I got a large prescription for those after my sleeve gastrectomy (stomach reduction) surgery last summer.  Did not use that many of them.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

bugo

Does your shit stink from eating all that garbage?

Zeffy

Quote from: bugo on February 03, 2015, 11:55:43 PM
Does your shit stink from eating all that garbage?

Amazingly it doesn't. I don't really recall a time (except ONE extremely bad diarrhea incident) where my shit stunk enough for me to notice it smelled worse than usual.

Quote from: jwolfer on February 03, 2015, 12:12:05 AM
Perhaps gallbladder issues, take note if it is after a fatty meal.

It seems to trigger after eating:
* Mashed Potatoes
* Fried Chicken
* Large amounts of food in general

However, I also remember lying down in a reclining position most of the times this has happened. That might be what exacerbates it, and from what I understand, BPPV isn't something that goes away. Eventually, the nausea gets really bad after reclining that long. If that is the cause, then I won't recline anymore after eating.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.