News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Spitting beverages across the table at restaurants

Started by bandit957, June 18, 2015, 11:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Anyone else here ever spit their beverage across the table at a restaurant?

Once when I was about 8 years old, I was at the friendly neighborhood McDonald's, and they gave me Diet Coke instead of regular Coke. Diet soda tastes of poo, and I immediately noticed the difference. So I spit it across the table. It was so funny.

A few days later, I was at the dinner table at home, and - right when I was taking a big gulp of milk - somebody said something that made me burst out laughing. So I spit the milk across the table. Then my mom got mad and said, "He did the same thing at McDonald's the other day!" Actually, it wasn't the same thing I did at McDonald's. I spit it out on purpose at McDonald's, but the incident at home was accidental.

I'm bursting out laughing as I write this!
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bandit957

Now that I think about it, it might have been Tab. I'm not sure if Diet Coke was introduced yet.

KG909

~Fuccboi

Brian556

I would always blow the paper sheathe off my straw. I still like to do that.

Pete from Boston

Duke87

I used to like to put my finger over the top of a straw, lift the straw out of the drink, and then let the soda drop out of the bottom of the straw into my mouth. Which I thought was awesome because science.

Like most kids I would also start blowing bubbles in my drinks and get yelled at for it.

And yes, I'd blow paper off of straws, usually at my sister's face.

I don't recall ever spitting a drink to intentionally make a mess (out of a straw or otherwise), though. When I was little I always freaked out when things got wet so I wasn't going to go putting liquid anywhere that wasn't in a container.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

bandit957

Quote from: Duke87 on June 28, 2015, 02:03:04 AM
Like most kids I would also start blowing bubbles in my drinks and get yelled at for it.

I did this with the milk at lunch in 5th grade, and even added music to it. As I blew bubbles through the straw, I hummed a high-pitched tune that sounded like it was from a sci-fi. Then, in a C3PO voice, I said, "Oh no, R2!" The teacher got FURIOUS!!!

I think the music was inspired by the instrumental break in the song "Yah Mo B There" that used an instrument that made sort of a gurgling sound. The melody was the same.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

GCrites

Quote from: Brian556 on June 27, 2015, 07:46:12 PM

I remember first seeing another kid do that while he was walking out of a McDonald's when I was 8 or 9. I thought it was awesome and said so. My mom was not impressed. After that I did it religiously for years.

Alex4897

Quote from: GCrites80s on June 28, 2015, 09:21:38 PM
Quote from: Brian556 on June 27, 2015, 07:46:12 PM

I remember first seeing another kid do that while he was walking out of a McDonald's when I was 8 or 9. I thought it was awesome and said so. My mom was not impressed. After that I did it religiously for years.
My friends and I do this routinely whenever we're out to eat somewhere.
👉😎👉

cpzilliacus

Quote from: bandit957 on June 18, 2015, 11:25:17 PM
Anyone else here ever spit their beverage across the table at a restaurant?

Nope.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Brian556

Quote from Duke87:
QuoteI used to like to put my finger over the top of a straw, lift the straw out of the drink, and then let the soda drop out of the bottom of the straw into my mouth. Which I thought was awesome because science.

I did the finger over the end of the straw thing, too. I occasionally still do it.
As a kid, I loved blowing bubbles in chocolate milk.
Man, being a kid was fun.
Too bad my mom has to ruin it by getting angry at this stuff for no reason.

A few years ago, at the Target I work at, I blew the paper off my straw right into the Starbucks Barista's head. She and her co-worker thought it was funny.

I tend to goof around a lot at work. I like to joke around, do funny voices, and occasionally play a snippet of some random song over the walkie.

It's probably a good thing I don't have kids. I would not set a good example for good table manners.

Zeffy

Mine yelled at me too, I just ignored them. My parents idea of discipline was very lacking compared to others I've seen, not that I'm complaining.

Spitting beverages across the table though? I just choked on my drink when I laughed.

EDIT:

Quote from: iBallasticwolf2 on June 28, 2015, 09:24:20 AM
what the fuck
Quote from: KG909 on June 21, 2015, 11:46:51 PM
Ok

Please actually contribute meaningful content to the thread.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Pete from Boston

Quote from: Zeffy on June 29, 2015, 12:12:42 AM

Mine yelled at me too, I just ignored them. My parents idea of discipline was very lacking compared to others I've seen, not that I'm complaining.

Spitting beverages across the table though? I just choked on my drink when I laughed.

EDIT:

Quote from: iBallasticwolf2 on June 28, 2015, 09:24:20 AM
what the fuck
Quote from: KG909 on June 21, 2015, 11:46:51 PM
Ok

With all due respect, these might be about as reasonable as any response to a thread like this. 

jeffandnicole

Like most Unlike most 40 year olds I'll start blowing bubbles in my drinks.  My wife yells at me for it.

spooky

Yes, please contribute meaningful content...to a thread about spitting beverages across a table.

hbelkins

Can there really be such a thing as meaningful content to a thread as dumb as this one is?  :-D

intelati49

Quote from: hbelkins on June 29, 2015, 01:55:32 PM

Can there really be such a thing as meaningful content to a thread as dumb as this one is?  :-D

Adding to your post count?

I think that serves as meaningful content...

Brandon

Quote from: Brian556 on June 28, 2015, 11:30:43 PM
A few years ago, at the Target I work at, I blew the paper off my straw right into the Starbucks Barista's head. She and her co-worker thought it was funny.

Should've gotten her number then.  :biggrin:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

hbelkins

Quote from: intelati49 on June 29, 2015, 02:01:08 PM
Adding to your post count?

Unlike some around here, I don't care about, or even pay attention to, my post count. It's irrelevant.

hm insulators

Quote from: hbelkins on June 29, 2015, 01:55:32 PM

After all, we have had a "Pooing is Cool" thread!
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Zeffy

"Meaningful" meaning posts that don't contain only one word or an exclamatory statement with less than 5 words. That was my intention. Of course, seeing as people post meme images without any other content, I don't know why I care.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Pete from Boston

Quote from: Zeffy on July 17, 2015, 07:18:36 PM
"Meaningful" meaning posts that don't contain only one word or an exclamatory statement with less than 5 words. That was my intention. Of course, seeing as people post meme images without any other content, I don't know why I care.

It's a noble effort, but in this thread, you're clearly swimming upstream.

Laura

Quote from: Brian556 on June 28, 2015, 11:30:43 PM
Quote from Duke87:
QuoteI used to like to put my finger over the top of a straw, lift the straw out of the drink, and then let the soda drop out of the bottom of the straw into my mouth. Which I thought was awesome because science.

I did the finger over the end of the straw thing, too. I occasionally still do it.
As a kid, I loved blowing bubbles in chocolate milk.
Man, being a kid was fun.
Too bad my mom has to ruin it by getting angry at this stuff for no reason.

I tend to goof around a lot at work. I like to joke around, do funny voices, and occasionally play a snippet of some random song over the walkie.

It's probably a good thing I don't have kids. I would not set a good example for good table manners.

Oh yeah. Ha, I worry about this when I become a parent one day. So many things that people care about are just so pointless. Blowing paper off of straws and bubbles in your chocolate milk at McDonald's? Sure, why not? What's the big deal? I can see if we were in a fancy restaurant or somewhere more formal why this is bad table behaviour...but at a fast food restaurant I don't see the point in wasting mental energy over it.

Intentionally spitting beverages across the table at restaurants is inconsiderate, though. I can think of two instances as a kid where my brother made me laugh so hard that I spit out my drink, but I definitely had to clean it up. Those weren't intentional, though. One of those times was at home in our kitchen, and the other time was at Shoney's. I couldn't have been any older than 8 at the time.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.