News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

A possible problem with Flickr

Started by cjk374, May 20, 2017, 01:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjk374

Used to, there was a way to share pics using the BCC code. There is supposed to be an arrow in the bottom right corner to take you to it. Here lately, the arrow hasn't been there.

Am I doing something wrong?
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Max Rockatansky

It was there for me earlier today when I was linking stuff over on the Southeast Board and just with the Take-it-yourself Challenge.

formulanone

If the arrow is "grayed-out", did you accidentally set the Safety Level to Restricted? That forbids sharing and therefore, BBCode.

Choosing a random recent photo of yours...it does work:

SAM_1670 by Jess Kilgore, on Flickr

Rothman

I can't choose the option for BBCode on my phone through the Flickr app.  Very annoying.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

cjk374

Quote from: formulanone on May 20, 2017, 05:55:28 PM
If the arrow is "grayed-out", did you accidentally set the Safety Level to Restricted? That forbids sharing and therefore, BBCode.

Choosing a random recent photo of yours...it does work:

SAM_1670 by Jess Kilgore, on Flickr

Safety level is on safe. I don't even see a gray arrow. This is occuring on both phone & tablet. There must be something askew somewhere.

formulanone

I haven't been able to link photos from my phone from Flickr since the first week of May, when they removed the "mobile version" of the site.

I linked it from my PC.

jeffandnicole

Photobucket removed any ability to provide a code link from their app a year ago. And the PC version is very slow and buggy on occasion.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: formulanone on May 21, 2017, 06:56:35 AM
I haven't been able to link photos from my phone from Flickr since the first week of May, when they removed the "mobile version" of the site.

I linked it from my PC.

It has never shown a link on mobile for me, everything I referenced above I have been doing on my PC also. 

cjk374

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 21, 2017, 08:10:27 AM
Quote from: formulanone on May 21, 2017, 06:56:35 AM

I linked it from my PC.

It has never shown a link on mobile for me, everything I referenced above I have been doing on my PC also. 

Oh wait...tablets would be considered as a mobile device as well, right? I don't have a PC. All I have is my phone & tablet. Could this be the problem?

vdeane

Judging by the thread, sounds like it.  My phone (Android) has an option in Chrome to request the desktop version of a site.  Perhaps that would work?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

cjk374

Val you are a genius! That did help.

Thank you all for your help! It is greatly appreciated!  :clap: :clap:

roadman65

My phone pulling up flickr changed its application as now it don't show the upload date in a series of all text boxes but just the pics in a line.

You cannot even use the avitar anymore to edit as they are supposedly changing.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.