News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Why was my topic deleted?

Started by MCRoads, December 24, 2017, 10:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCRoads

I made a topic in off topic called "you know your a road geek when..." , and it was deleted. I found an inactive topic about the same thing, but didn't think I should bump the topic... so did I go about this wrong?
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MCRoads on December 24, 2017, 10:39:45 AM
I made a topic in off topic called "you know your a road geek when..." , and it was deleted. I found an inactive topic about the same thing, but didn't think I should bump the topic... so did I go about this wrong?

It was merged with the older thread.  Usually older threads get bumped if someone wants to discuss the topic again or has new information. 

froggie

Though the forum gives a caution note if you're posting in a topic more than 4 months old, as a general rule the admins do want you to use older threads if the topic is the same.  From the first line of the Forum Guidelines:

What's not allowed:

Duplicates posts/topics. Please use the search feature before you post!

Could be that they saw your new thread as a "duplicate post".

You are correct that bumping a topic just for the sake of bumping a topic is wrong (and is also "not allowed" per the guidelines), but if you have something of substance to add to a topic, the preference is to utilize older topics instead of starting a new one.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.