News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Traffic Control Games

Started by mrpablue, February 22, 2018, 06:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpablue

Why do people become angry when a finished game or challenge is recreated?

e.g., 1-2-3 Interstate Game

hotdogPi

The problem with yours, the 1-2-3 Sum Game, is that it already existed, and was active, with almost the same rules.

Also, "I don't think this is a good idea" usually does not mean anger.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

mrpablue

Quote from: 1 on February 22, 2018, 06:53:26 PM
The problem with yours, the 1-2-3 Sum Game, is that it already existed, and was active, with almost the same rules.

Also, "I don't think this is a good idea" usually does not mean anger.

Oh, I didn't mean mine. I know mine was useless - I just hadn't noticed the very similar thread. I've just seen other games that have been shut down because people thought it would die soon or because a dead game was similar.

If I had it my way, there would be many similar or identical games going on at once. I guess most other members don't want that though, which I can understand too.

oscar

Quote from: mrpablue on February 22, 2018, 06:59:43 PM
If I had it my way, there would be many similar or identical games going on at once. I guess most other members don't want that though, which I can understand too.

In part that's because some of us don't have time to follow multiple games at once. I focus on just three, pay a little attention to some others, and ignore the rest.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

mrpablue

Quote from: oscar on February 22, 2018, 07:06:48 PM

In part that's because some of us don't have time to follow multiple games at once. I focus on just three, pay a little attention to some others, and ignore the rest.

That makes sense. I just don't see the need to shut down all the games that are shut down. I'll admit mine was pretty bad, but I don't know what there is to lose in having extra games.

hotdogPi

Quote from: mrpablue on February 22, 2018, 07:09:19 PM
Quote from: oscar on February 22, 2018, 07:06:48 PM

That makes sense. I just don't see the need to shut down all the games that are shut down. I'll admit mine was pretty bad, but I don't know what there is to lose in having extra games.

The more games there are, the less activity each individual one has.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Alps

This is not a game forum, it's a road forum. Too many games is as tiring as too many FritzOwl Interstates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.