AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

on: Today at 06:46:03 PM 
Started by wriddle082 - Last post by plain
PA 63

on: Today at 06:41:29 PM 
Started by kenarmy - Last post by Max Rockatansky
Un-related, but I don't know where else to put this.

Just the “other Desert Cities” of forum boards.

on: Today at 06:40:20 PM 
Started by kenarmy - Last post by JoePCool14
Un-related, but I don't know where else to put this.

on: Today at 06:38:06 PM 
Started by kenarmy - Last post by Max Rockatansky
Or does Alanland exist in every universe?

Alanland exists in every universe but only one universe at a time.

And always sometimes creates an incursion in the affected universe.

on: Today at 06:35:46 PM 
Started by Crash_It - Last post by Max Rockatansky
Quote from: Illinois Compiled Statutes
(625 ILCS 5/) Illinois Vehicle Code

Sec. 11-1409. Driving on mountain highways

The driver of a motor vehicle traveling through defiles or canyons or on mountain highways shall hold such motor vehicle under control and as near the right-hand edge of the roadway as reasonably possible and, except when driving entirely to the right of the center of the roadway, shall give audible warning with the horn of such motor vehicle upon approaching any curve where the view is obstructed within a distance of 200 feet along the highway.

Oh the irony.  :spin:

Most people aside from OHV types don’t even do that in the western states where that kind of road is infinitely more likely to be a thing.

4.  Be prepared to deal with “Illinois is flat” memes and not react to them.  That all started because you got offended when you try to say the state wasn’t.

If I were you at this point, I would embrace the memes. Admit you were wrong (which you are - Illinois IS flat) and we can all laugh about it together.

At this point “Illinois is flat” is the modern community analog for Alanland or I-366. 

on: Today at 06:35:41 PM 
Started by kenarmy - Last post by JoePCool14
Or does Alanland exist in every universe?

Alanland exists in every universe but only one universe at a time.

on: Today at 06:32:42 PM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by LilianaUwU
Growing up in Minnesota, we got Canadian coins in change all the time. I looked at getting a Canadian penny about the same as getting a hay penny.

The opposite happens here in Québec: around 1 in 10 coins I've gotten as change (back before I used a debit card, that is) were American coins.

on: Today at 06:31:52 PM 
Started by Max Rockatansky - Last post by Scott5114
Okay, I might sound like a complete idiot asking this, but what's a dishpan for? We have always had a two-compartment sink, and one is for the dirty dishes (and is filled with soapy water when you wash them) and the other is for rinsing. Is a dishpan just to facilitate this setup in a one-compartment sink? (I'm not sure that I've ever seen such a thing in active use in a modern home.)

Sinks with one large basin instead of two small ones are not all that rare.

Perhaps in areas with older housing stock. I've literally never seen one in Oklahoma or Kansas.

(watch kphoger have one now that I've said that)

on: Today at 06:31:46 PM 
Started by Crash_It - Last post by JoePCool14
Quote from: Illinois Compiled Statutes
(625 ILCS 5/) Illinois Vehicle Code

Sec. 11-1409. Driving on mountain highways

The driver of a motor vehicle traveling through defiles or canyons or on mountain highways shall hold such motor vehicle under control and as near the right-hand edge of the roadway as reasonably possible and, except when driving entirely to the right of the center of the roadway, shall give audible warning with the horn of such motor vehicle upon approaching any curve where the view is obstructed within a distance of 200 feet along the highway.

Oh the irony.  :spin:

on: Today at 06:30:59 PM 
Started by Max Rockatansky - Last post by kkt
Okay, I might sound like a complete idiot asking this, but what's a dishpan for? We have always had a two-compartment sink, and one is for the dirty dishes (and is filled with soapy water when you wash them) and the other is for rinsing. Is a dishpan just to facilitate this setup in a one-compartment sink? (I'm not sure that I've ever seen such a thing in active use in a modern home.)

Sinks with one large basin instead of two small ones are not all that rare, and the dishpan lets you use less hot water to make a hot water and soap mix deep enough to wash in.

Also if a dish slips out of your hands and into the bottom of the sink it may hit a soft rubber surface and not break, whereas if you had porcelein over steel it might.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.