News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Do Boston-area drivers drive more efficiently?

Started by hotdogPi, February 26, 2022, 10:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SectorZ

Quote from: Rothman on March 02, 2022, 12:02:28 AM
Quote from: froggie on March 01, 2022, 10:24:00 PM
Quote from: Rothman on February 28, 2022, 11:43:46 AM
Quote from: tylert120 on February 28, 2022, 08:21:20 AM
I worked in Boston for 8 months. I'm just here to say Boston drivers may be "efficient,"  but they are definitely some of the worst drivers in America.
Meh.  CT is worse.

Disagree.  CT drivers, like NY, are predictable.  MA drivers are anything but.
Nah.  I grew up in MA.  CT drivers give a bad name to the entire Northeast.  Keep an eye out for those telltale blue plates and you'll see how they've infected everywhere with their overinsured bad driving.

Overinsured? One of the most basic truths of auto insurance is that level of insurance decreases with driving skill. Irresponsibility is consistent across both driving and being financially responsible.

(And this isn't a poverty thing. I can't believe how many claims I adjusted where someone's expensive car came with rather low liability limits).

Rothman

Quote from: SectorZ on March 02, 2022, 08:37:41 AM
I worked in Boston for 8 months. I'm just here to say Boston drivers may be "efficient,"  but they are definitely some of the worst drivers in America.
Meh.  CT is worse.

Nah.  I grew up in MA.  CT drivers give a bad name to the entire Northeast.  Keep an eye out for those telltale blue plates and you'll see how they've infected everywhere with their overinsured bad driving.

Overinsured? One of the most basic truths of auto insurance is that level of insurance decreases with driving skill. Irresponsibility is consistent across both driving and being financially responsible.

(And this isn't a poverty thing. I can't believe how many claims I adjusted where someone's expensive car came with rather low liability limits).
Pfft.  CT is where a whole bunch of insurance companies are headquartered.  I am sure the thousands of employees have some sort of benefit in terms of cheap, good insurance.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

webny99

Meh.  CT is worse.

Nah. I grew up in MA.  CT drivers give a bad name to the entire Northeast.  Keep an eye out for those telltale blue plates and you'll see how they've infected everywhere with their overinsured bad driving.

Key part of the statement there.  :D

MATraveler128

Quote from: RobbieL2415 on March 01, 2022, 10:42:00 AM

There are drivers here that will merge onto the freeway at 55mph and then immediately camp in the center or left lane at that speed. It's obviously out of instinct.

This is a very common thing in Connecticut. It's even worse when they get in the left lane to pass a truck, but then go the exact same speed as said truck. This is especially common on I-84 between Danbury and Waterbury.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

SectorZ

Quote from: Rothman on March 02, 2022, 09:45:57 AM
Meh.  CT is worse.

Pfft.  CT is where a whole bunch of insurance companies are headquartered.  I am sure the thousands of employees have some sort of benefit in terms of cheap, good insurance.

Most carriers give their employees a 10% discount. Not very lucrative.

Rothman

Quote from: SectorZ on March 02, 2022, 10:28:37 AM
Quote from: Rothman on March 02, 2022, 09:45:57 AM
Meh.  CT is worse.

Most carriers give their employees a 10% discount. Not very lucrative.

Let me rephrase:  It was a joke. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

epzik8

My dad avoided I-95 through Boston in 2012 for these reasons. He opted for I-495, to stay away from the city.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: epzik8 on March 02, 2022, 05:30:12 PM
My dad avoided I-95 through Boston in 2012 for these reasons. He opted for I-495, to stay away from the city.

Pretty easy to avoid a road that was never built...  ;-)
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.