News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AARoads Page Updates

Started by Alex, January 19, 2009, 08:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

That's a good question. I have over 100,000 in my queue alone (not that everyone would ever get placed online though). That does not count what Andy or Kevin have, what Matt has taken, or what Justin sends me.

74/171FAN

Quote from: aaroads on March 12, 2009, 01:57:42 AM
I overhauled the northbound guides to Interstate 95 in North Carolina with photos taken 05/30/07 and 12/16/07. The pages are now split by county too.

Continuing the updates, a short page covering a snippet of U.S. 301 south of Fayetteville is now also online.

Further updates will focus on Business Loop I-95 through Fayetteville, U.S. 220 through most of the state, and the entire length of Interstate 73 and Future Interstate 73.

Andy continues work on U.S. 101 updates in California as well.
Would this also include I-74/US 74 from Laurinburg to Lumberton?
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

FLRoads

Created some more pages in the last few days, including Alabama 137 (from a roadtrip on Tuesday) and some more Lee County pages: Lee County 867A, Lee County 884 and Florida 884. I'm going to start on some North Carolina stuff next...

74/171FAN

Quote from: flaroadgeek on March 12, 2009, 03:21:12 PM
Created some more pages in the last few days, including Alabama 137 (from a roadtrip on Tuesday) and some more Lee County pages: Lee County 867A, Lee County 884 and Florida 884. I'm going to start on some North Carolina stuff next...
Or does this include I-74/US 74 from Laurinburg to Lumberton or maybe both? :spin:
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

FLRoads

Sadly not. My work will be on U.S. 321 north of Gastonia. I have not made it on that section of I/U.S. 74 as of yet...

Alex

More North Carolina updates tonight:
New page for Business Loop Interstate 95
Short new pages for U.S. 311, U.S. 301, U.S. 29
Greatly expanded coverage of U.S. 220 with north and southbound images in Rockingham and Greensboro, and northbound images covering the Future I-73 corridor in Rockingham County.
Lastly, a major update for I-73 and Future I-73 covering every northbound exit from the Ellerbe Bypass to Joseph Bryan Boulevard.

To answer 74/171FAN's question, one of the next updates will cover Interstate 74/Future Interstate 74 along the Rockingham and Hamlet freeway. Unfortunately we did not have enough time/daylight to get to the Laurinburg/Maxton section of Interstate 74 on the recent trip...

njroadhorse

Oh goody, more of I-73
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Alex

I'm continuing to work through the North Carolina backlog and have made more progress thus far this week:

I split U.S. 74 into more county-based pages with new coverage along east and westbound in the Rockingham area to go along with new Future Interstate 74 pages in Richmond County. Also added are a handful of photos covering westbound on MLK Jr. Parkway in Wilmington, a few photos on U.S. 74 at Interstate 485, and a few new photos (though still a little outdated due to more sign changes) along the U.S. 17-74-76 overlap.

For U.S. 17, Justin and I took the Business Loop through town in November 2006, so I added photos of that drive in addition to photos of the U.S. 17 freeway east of Interstates 40/140. I'll have more northbound photos from the SC state line to the merge with U.S. 74/76 added soon.

Alex

I finished updating the U.S. 74 eastbound pages from the split with Interstate 26 to the merge with U.S. 29 at Interstate 85.

FLRoads

I finished the U.S. 321 northbound with guide pages for Gaston County and Lincoln and Catawba Counties.

74/171FAN

If no one's noticed I have photos of I-64 West from I-264(Exit 284) to I-295(Exit 200),  I-664 South between US 58/US 13/US 460 and I-264, I-264 East from I-664 to US 17 and from  Downtown Norfolk to I-64,  US 460 East from VA 156(first photo at VA 40) to the Suffolk Bypass(US 13/US 58) US 13/US 58/US 460 North/East from the US 460/US 460 Business interchange NW of Suffolk to I-664,  and US 58 East from US 17 to the VA 337 split at Duke St(along with the next signal on VA 337 at Boush St as I originally thought that US 58 stayed on VA 337 until St Paul's Blvd(Thanks VDOT)

FLRoads

I have now finished the U.S. Highway 321 South page for Catawba County, North Carolina.

Alex

A few more holes were filled on the Interstate 85 guides in North Carolina between the state line and I-485 this week. That includes some northbound replacement photos taken 06/01/07 and new southbound coverage taken 12/30/08.

Also I have added the rest of our U.S. 17 photos heading north from S.C. to the merge with U.S. 74-76.

Also in progress is a revamp of the Interstate 64 Virginia pages to include photos taken from 74/171FAN starting in Hampton Roads.

WillWeaverRVA

Did you ever determine whether or not you had VA 150 photos in your Virginia queue yet? If not, I can send you mine (I need to go down there soon and VA 150 NB photos).

I can also provide a few US 33 photos (out to VA 54), and photos of the true endpoints of US 33 (Broad and Hancock) and US 250 (Broad and 18th; which I am going out to get tonight, among other things).
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Alex

Looks like the only time I traveled Virginia 150 was at night. I may have shot video of it (at the end of 2001), but I cannot find any photos from another trip.

WillWeaverRVA

In that case, I'll email you what I've got.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Alex

Some more North Carolina updates from today and yesterday:

Split Interstate 440 into east and westbound pages. Added some photos Andy took in 2005 of eastbound and a handful of photos from the east end to U.S. 64/264.

Added westbound section to Wade Avenue and gave it its own page.

Added some Greensboro odds and ends to the misc. page, from the drive through December including Bryan Boulevard, Benjamin Parkway and Wendover Avenue. Also added a small section on North Carolina 38 from the same drive to the I-73 page (since its part of the overall corridor) and a few photos to U.S. 421 at the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Lastly I created a U.S. 521 page covering the smidge that is left between the state line and Interstate 485.

Alex

Split U.S. 64 into east and westbound pages, added coverage of the Knightdale Bypass between Interstate 440 and Smithfield Road (Exit 425).

Revamped the Interstate 540 page into east and westbound guides; added westbound coverage to existing coverage to go with new coverage from U.S. 64/264 to U.S. 1. Also added photos from 01/02/08 between U.S. 1 and the east end.

Alex

Continuing work on North Carolina after a 5-day hiatus, I added more U.S. 1 southbound coverage from Interstates 40/440 to the Lee County line (Complete coverage to Richmond County is the eventual planned update).

I also added some spot Santa Rosa County, Florida coverage to southeastroads as well, including some additions to the Florida 87 guide, U.S. 90 guide, U.S. 98 guide, and Northwest Florida County Road guides.

74/171FAN

I know I already asked you this but I'd like to know if you have any photos from US 58 from US 17 to the VA 337 split in Downtown Norfolk

Alex

QuoteI know I already asked you this but I'd like to know if you have any photos from US 58 from US 17 to the VA 337 split in Downtown Norfolk

For Interstate 64? What you see on the website is all that I have. There may have been some photos I deleted back in 2003 that I could re-edit and bring back, but they were likely not that good.

74/171FAN

I meant for US 58(didn't word that correctly :banghead: :pan:)  Technically I already sent you I-64 photos from US 58(no access to I-64 located just north of I-264(Exit 284)) to US 17/J Clyde Morris Blvd(Exit 258)

74/171FAN

Since Alex and the others admins outside of voyager are taking a "break", I've noticed that there are still updates going on for North Carolina.  Since Alex has posted some of my I-64 WB Photos, I've decided to do him and the others a favor and post the latest NC updates here including:

Miscellanous Photos Updates include new sections for US 401 at Future I-295, NC 144, NC 115, and NC 150.  New pages exist now for the NC 24/NC 27 multiplex, Future I-295, US 21, and US 221.  Photos from roads that access I-77 were added to the I-77 guide along with new US 29 coverage from I-40 to the VA Stateline(mostly Future I-785), newer photos also exist for US 70 in Asheville.  Lastly US 1 SB pages have also been updated for Chatham, Lee, and Moore counties along with new US 15/501 photos along the NC 24/NC 27 multiplex and between Aberdeen and the split in Laurinburg along with new US 19 and US 19E photos.

florida

There's a Clyde Morris Blvd up there too? He must've been a popular person.
So many roads...so little time.

74/171FAN

QuoteThere's a Clyde Morris Blvd up there too? He must've been a popular person.
I've never heard of him.  I just know that J Clyde Morris Blvd is VA 312 from US 60 to VA 143/US 17 and US 17 from VA 143/VA 312 to the York County Line entirely within Newport News, VA

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.