News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Freeway Ends signs in NY

Started by vdeane, March 19, 2011, 03:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quillz

The last time I was near Santa Barbara I recall seeing a couple white on green "END FREEWAY" signs. It was around the La Conchita area where US-101 becomes a typical road for a few miles and then resumes as a freeway.

myosh_tino

Quote from: Quillz on April 12, 2011, 05:39:27 PM
The last time I was near Santa Barbara I recall seeing a couple white on green "END FREEWAY" signs. It was around the La Conchita area where US-101 becomes a typical road for a few miles and then resumes as a freeway.
Just checked Google StreetView and this is what I found on US 101 north of Santa Barbara...

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=la+conchita,+CA&aq=&sll=34.434514,-119.915739&sspn=0.004964,0.007092&ie=UTF8&hq=la+conchita,&hnear=California&ll=34.434089,-119.914674&spn=0.00125,0.001773&z=19&layer=c&cbll=34.434038,-119.914524&panoid=hDQn1jm4811qruf3oPNLqQ&cbp=12,310.61,,1,2.93

The "END FREEWAY" sign is the standard black-on-white sign used in California.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Quillz

Well, it was white on green last time I was in that area, which was many years back. That was the only place I ever noticed such a color scheme, though.

Also, looking at that map location, I seem to recall the sign being in a slightly different spot, too. I remember it being in the central median before hitting La Conchita. Maybe it's been moved since.

Alps

Quote from: Quillz on April 13, 2011, 05:02:15 AM
Well, it was white on green last time I was in that area, which was many years back. That was the only place I ever noticed such a color scheme, though.

Also, looking at that map location, I seem to recall the sign being in a slightly different spot, too. I remember it being in the central median before hitting La Conchita. Maybe it's been moved since.
Or maybe you're wrong.

Quillz

If it wasn't the actual freeway end sign, then it was some kind of warning sign about the freeway ending in the central median. But this was before they had the major mud slides in the area back in 2005, so they might have made some minor changes to the freeway portion of 101 since then.

Anyway, I see I got us off-topic.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.