News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hunterdon County Failing

Started by Roadgeek Adam, April 20, 2011, 02:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeek Adam

I took a trip to Lambertville & Flemington last weekend before the monsoon-esque storms. Well, I have some idiocracy to report.

NJ 165, aka NJ 29, aka NJ 29 north, aka crappy signage. Why did they sign it on this rather non-standard blade.

Joining it are these massively ugly shields. Next time steal a shield from 179 if you need a better one.

Several miles northeast of Lambertville, these have taken presence on the NJ 12/CR 611/Reaville Rd roundabout:

Rather depressing when they can't center this correctly.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

papaT10932

Quote from: Roadgeek_Adam on April 20, 2011, 02:20:33 PM

Joining it are these massively ugly shields. Next time steal a shield from 179 if you need a better one.

I have to congratulate whoever posted these signs for actually making (as close as New Jersey will ever get to) a sign assembly. Usually, a case like this would have two separate signs- a JCT 29 sign and a JCT 179 sign on two separate poles about 200 feet from each other, and the latter being completely blocked by a 'no parking anytime' sign, (which too is on its own pole)- or something to that effect.

wytout

Quote from: papaT10932 on May 05, 2011, 09:51:28 AM

I have to congratulate whoever posted these signs for actually making (as close as New Jersey will ever get to) a sign assembly. Usually, a case like this would have two separate signs- a JCT 29 sign and a JCT 179 sign on two separate poles about 200 feet from each other, and the latter being completely blocked by a 'no parking anytime' sign, (which too is on its own pole)- or something to that effect.

I find that's a very Massachusetts-esque thing too.  Esp central/western MA as well.  concurrencies etc, almost always have there signage placed on separate poles fore each route.
-Chris

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.