News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

The new I-95 Pennsylvania welcome center (pics)

Started by Ian, July 27, 2011, 09:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Hey all,

On a small trip today I stopped at the recently rebuilt Pennsylvania welcome center on I-95 northbound in Marcus Hook, which seemed to have opened very recently. Here are a few photos (Mods, feel free to move the topic to the "Photos, Videos, and More" section if necessary)...

The fancy welcome sign as seen on the ramp to the welcome center:

Here is the outside park, with included pavilions featuring picnic tables:

A view of the building itself:

A view of the rotunda seen once inside the building. In the center is an old Willys-Overland Jeepster filled with all things Pennsylvania related (i.e. Phillies and Pirates baseball hats, a giant fake Hershey's bar, etc.). Surrounding the Jeepster are kiosks with random brochures from attractions from all around the state. Each kiosk represented a region:

More photos of the Jeepster:

Another part of the welcome center, which included another brochure kiosk and the bathroom:

Enjoy!
-Ian
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

PAHighways

Now THAT is a Welcome Center!  I like the car packed for a road trip.  I wonder if they will change out the Pirates and Phillies hats for Steelers and Eagles hats or Penguins and Flyers hats depending on the season currently underway.

jeffandnicole

Those pics do look nice. But they spent a long time working on this!  The DE service plaze, which is of course a money-making aspect of the toll road in DE, was built in several months.  This plaza took, I wanna say, 2 years or more!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.