News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Highway signage; US Route 9 signage, poor intersections

Started by Roadman66, October 13, 2011, 02:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadman66

For some reason, I dislike some of the signage for major towns/cities that are on highway signs. On several roads intersecting US 9, one direction says The Amboys, and the other says Freehold, even though Freehold is literally 2 feet away. A better location would be Lakewood, and for Amboy, Woodbridge should be included. Also on US 9, in Old Bridge, there should be a sign installed for milage to major areas heading south, for instance: Freehold 9, Lakewood, 22, Toms River 24, etc.

In addition, in this same area, Route 9 is a terrible highway, due to congestion and inappropriate speed limit. Its 55 in a very commercial area, with driveways every 4 feet. Its dangerous for those trying to get on 9, going at high speeds. It should be reduced to maybe 50, or 45. then raised to 55 in a more rural area, in old bridge. Also, they need to get rid of those horrible jug-handle things. I read somewhere that the state is currently planning improvements to some of these horrible intersections. The intersection of Craig Rd and E. Freehold Road is quite possibly the worst ever.

ethanman62187

Quote from: Roadman66 on October 13, 2011, 02:02:30 AM
For some reason, I dislike some of the signage for major towns/cities that are on highway signs. On several roads intersecting US 9, one direction says The Amboys, and the other says Freehold, even though Freehold is literally 2 feet away. A better location would be Lakewood, and for Amboy, Woodbridge should be included. Also on US 9, in Old Bridge, there should be a sign installed for milage to major areas heading south, for instance: Freehold 9, Lakewood, 22, Toms River 24, etc.

In addition, in this same area, Route 9 is a terrible highway, due to congestion and inappropriate speed limit. Its 55 in a very commercial area, with driveways every 4 feet. Its dangerous for those trying to get on 9, going at high speeds. It should be reduced to maybe 50, or 45. then raised to 55 in a more rural area, in old bridge. Also, they need to get rid of those horrible jug-handle things. I read somewhere that the state is currently planning improvements to some of these horrible intersections. The intersection of Craig Rd and E. Freehold Road is quite possibly the worst ever.

OK. I'm sure of that. I never been on any of these roads before, but fine to me.
I like all of this. I like va sr 28 to be an interstate highway.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jwolfer

Quote from: Roadman66 on October 13, 2011, 02:02:30 AM

And then south of Lakewood it is 2 lanes.  I saw some NJDOT document a few years ago regarding a study of widening the road. It said that they didnt want to encourage more sprwral... so more walking should be encouraged.  The Sprwal is already there.  Widening US 9 is sorely needed

Alps

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.