Hotel should be built in Jackson, New Jersey near Six Flags.

Started by Roadman66, October 14, 2011, 08:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadman66

Who thinks it would be a good idea to build a hotel or motel on Route 537 nearby Six Flags theme park? This location is near the busy interchange of I-195, which links Trenton/PA, to the shore. It's a busy highway, as well as 537, which travels across the entire state of NJ. Even though the theme park is open seasonal, a hotel would do good with those commuting to the shore from New York or PA or elsewhere. It is a large tourist destination, with the Jackson Outlets nearby. The closest hotel is about 10 miles away in Freehold, which is a bit inconvenient IMO. Of course, they would need to clear out trees and possibly change some traffic patterns. I heard at one time they planned a hotel here, but did not happen. Any thoughts? 

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Mr. Matté

As a resident of East Windsor, the town that probably benefits the most from hotels by Great Adventure, how is this even remotely on topic?

oscar

No hotel was built even when Dan Snyder (owner of the Washington Redskins) was in charge of Six Flags, from 2005 to 2010.  Snyder is notorious for creative and aggressive ways to extract money from fans and other customers (though his particular specialty seems to be jacking up parking fees).  You gotta ask why, if Snyder didn't see a profitable investment for a hotel next to what was then his Six Flags park, anyone else could make a go of it.

Six Flags' location close to and midday between the Jersey Shore (lots of lodgings for beachgoers) and Trenton (lots of lodgings for people doing business with the state government) might explain the soft demand for lodgings near Six Flags.  Besides, how much of this Six Flags' clientele comes from outside the region, rather than just day-trippers?
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Michael in Philly

^^Feh, you can put hotels anywhere.  I say why not?  Not that I'd ever stay there (but I'm not from "outside the region").

But I think this is a topic for the market to resolve.  Although there are European countries where freeway service areas include hotels. 
RIP Dad 1924-2012.

Alps

My thought is that this has nothing to do with roads, so belongs Off Topic or preferably on some hotels forum somewhere

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.