News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2009 ASCE Report Card on America's Infrastructure due out 1/28

Started by DanTheMan414, January 23, 2009, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanTheMan414

The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), of which I've been a member for a few years now, will be releasing the 2009 Report Card for America's Infrastructure coming up this Wednesday, 1/28/2009. ASCE is releasing this report a good 2 months earlier than originally planned, in part because of the economic stimulus plan that is currently being debated in Washington. Going into the report being released, ASCE estimates that nearly $1.6 trillion would need to be invested between now and 2014 just to bring the nation's infrastructure up to being rated "good". When the report is released, I'll post the link, but for right now, more details can be found on the ASCE Government Relations Blog:

http://blogs.asce.org/govrel/

agentsteel53

gee, we gave half that much money to AIG and how many jobs did that create??
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: DanTheMan474 on January 23, 2009, 03:28:25 PM
ASCE estimates that nearly $1.6 trillion would need to be invested between now and 2014 just to bring the nation's infrastructure up to being rated "good".

Ick... that's really not good.  :no: Makes me sad to live in the U.S.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

SimMoonXP

Yeah, it could be to seeing the tax and gas price increase in near the future to possible to fix the federal highway infrastructure until 2014. It is not easy life.

ComputerGuy

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.