News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

KENTUCKY LOST TO ARKANSAS!!!!

Started by bugo, January 16, 2014, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Little ol' Arkansas defeated the almighty Kentucky Wildcats. 

Brandon

Almighty Wildcats?  I seem to remember a team from East Lansing kicking their asses as well, and I'll bet they can kick some pig ass (Ark) as well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

hotdogPi

Do the Wildcats go in the cat picture thread?
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

bugo

Quote from: Brandon on January 16, 2014, 08:21:45 PM
Almighty Wildcats?  I seem to remember a team from East Lansing kicking their asses as well, and I'll bet they can kick some pig ass (Ark) as well.

Bring them to Bud Walton Arena and we'll see.

hbelkins

Three fewer missed free throws, or the simple act of blocking out by a defensive player, and you wouldn't have been able to post that. I really like James Young but he screwed up. And at least one of the Harrison twins failed to block out, too.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bugo

If not for the LeBron one and done rule, Kentucky wouldn't have a team.  I prefer the traditional college basketball program, where a player plays at least 3 years for a team.  I like watching players develop over several seasons.  I hope the Hogs never go one and done.

hbelkins

Quote from: bugo on January 18, 2014, 03:12:08 PM
I prefer the traditional college basketball program, where a player plays at least 3 years for a team.  I like watching players develop over several seasons.

So do I.

bugo

Quote from: hbelkins on January 18, 2014, 07:51:57 PM
Quote from: bugo on January 18, 2014, 03:12:08 PM
I prefer the traditional college basketball program, where a player plays at least 3 years for a team.  I like watching players develop over several seasons.

So do I.

Maybe once Calipari is gone, UK will go back to a traditional recruiting format.

I wish that the NBA would require players to play 3 college seasons before being eligible for the draft, similar to the NFL's rule.

hbelkins

Kentucky lost to Arkansas again -- this time at Rupp Arena.

bugo

Tonight's win was the Hogs' first win in Lexington in 20 years.  It completed our sweep of the 'Cats.  To be honest, I was expecting to lose, but I was nicely surprised.

FWIW the reason I haven't posted this to Facebook yet is because James Schul took offense about a pro-gay remark I made and tattled on me and my account is locked for 12 hours.  Looks like it's about time to block him.

hbelkins

I don't know why Facebook does what it does. I didn't remember seeing you post anything that might have raised his ire, so I looked at your timeline. I saw a number of posts there from you, but the only ones that had scrolled across my feed were your posts about your flat tire and the find of the rare coins.

amroad17

In your signature, HB, no truer words have ever been written!
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

ET21

I've always found UK to always be overrated, especially in the years following their last championship. They're a good team, but then they hit random bumps and can't keep consistency going into the tourney.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

bugo

Beating Kentucky not only in Bud Walton but at Rupp too in the same season is quite the feat.  The Razorbacks are the first SEC team since Calipari has been the coach at Lexington to defeat the Wildcats twice in the regular season.  Even when they're not a top 5 team, it's a big deal to beat Kentucky, especially twice.  Woo pig sooie!

Brandon

Couldn't help it with the nature of this thread.  :bigass:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

bugo

No big surprise.  We did make the NIT though, which is an improvement over last season.

US 41

Beware Arkansas! The mighty Sycamores of Indiana State are coming to town, led by one of the best point guards in the country, Jake Odum. My prediction, #6 ISU 66 #3 Arkansas 59.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Brandon

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-kentucky-beats-wichita-state-7876-20140323,0,27407.story

Shockers had to lose sometime.  :pan:

Again, just could not resist.  Now they play Louisville.

BTW, Go Green, Go White!  Go MSU!

hbelkins

Which means no Friday night pre-Tennessee meet social activities for me. You know what I'll be doing.

Brandon

Quote from: hbelkins on March 23, 2014, 10:19:37 PM
Which means no Friday night pre-Tennessee meet social activities for me. You know what I'll be doing.

No shit, you don't say.  :rofl:

amroad17

KENTUCKY--NOT one and done.

They played very well and very cohesive, especially in the second half.  I have no idea who is going to win Friday.  It is going to be a very exciting game!

hbelkins

1.) Kentucky beat Louisville back in December.
2.) Chane Behanan was still on Louisville's team.
3.) Julius Randle didn't play much at all in the second half due to severe cramps.
4.) The Harrison twins have matured.
5.) Since he came to UK, Calipari owns Pitino.

US 41

Quote from: ET21 on February 28, 2014, 09:50:09 PM
I've always found UK to always be overrated, especially in the years following their last championship. They're a good team, but then they hit random bumps and can't keep consistency going into the tourney.

Well, they're in the championship game now.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

amroad17

KENTUCKY LOST TO ARKANSAS!!!!   Now a foggy, distant memory.

UK defeated three of last year's Final Four teams just to get to North Texas.  Now they are playing for the NCAA Championship.  That would be something, that if they win, the Commonwealth of Kentucky would be home to the last three National Champions!

tdindy88

They'd be the Alabama of basketball...well until this past January at least.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.