News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Final I44 Tulsa Project Approved

Started by rte66man, July 03, 2012, 11:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rte66man

When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bugo

It's going to take until 2013 for the I-44/Peoria interchange to be finished?  It's practically finished right now.  All it needs is some signage and to move some traffic cones to open the Texas style U turn ramps.

BigOkie

Quote from: bugo on July 03, 2012, 10:45:18 PM
It's going to take until 2013 for the I-44/Peoria interchange to be finished?  It's practically finished right now.  All it needs is some signage and to move some traffic cones to open the Texas style U turn ramps.

That interchange IS finished.  The Lewis bridge and the south realignment are what this involves.

bugo

Read the PDF.  It says that the portion between the river and Peoria will be finished in early 2013.

rte66man

As you are aware, ODOT doesn't consider a project to be "finished" until they have signed off on it. I suspect there is still a lot of "finish" work such as sod laying, tree planting, etc to be done.

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bugo

There's very little work to be done.  Last time I was through there, which would have been Tuesday, the U turn ramps weren't open yet but I couldn't see why not.  The signs were even up for the U turn ramps. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.