News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Car Flies 120 Feet into the Air on GA Highway

Started by Henry, May 31, 2023, 09:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

A real-life Dukes of Hazzard scene plays out in Lowndes County, as a Nissan Altima hits a tow truck ramp and hurtles through the air at high speed:

https://www.cbsnews.com/atlanta/news/car-sails-over-tow-truck-dukes-of-hazzard-style-in-spectacular-highway-crash/
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Max Rockatansky

Dukes of Hazard?  Nah, that's Big Altima Energy.

The Ghostbuster

Was the driver drunk as a skunk? Please keep us posted if more details of this crash are revealed.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

froggie

SectorZ

120 feet "through" the air, not into it. Into implies it went 120 feet up.

Glad to see the Altima living up to the meme. Glad it replaced the Jetta for the choice of people who can't drive and yet do so faster than everyone else.

amroad17

What is it about a couple of drivers on I-75 that either want to fly through the air like "them Duke boys"  (GA) or try to ram through a sound barrier (OH)?  Nothing like seeing a car land next to you or having an open look at the freeway on the other side of the wall with a dislodged engine on fire in your yard.  :spin:
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Henry on May 31, 2023, 09:35:25 PM
A real-life Dukes of Hazzard scene plays out in Lowndes County, as a Nissan Altima hits a tow truck ramp and hurtles through the air at high speed:

https://www.cbsnews.com/atlanta/news/car-sails-over-tow-truck-dukes-of-hazzard-style-in-spectacular-highway-crash/

I think the Michael King, who reported on this crash, used to post on MTR, back in the day.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.