News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Edens Spur (I-94) widening?

Started by I-39, May 24, 2015, 04:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzlsabe

Quote from: Stratuscaster on November 18, 2015, 04:18:22 PM
Ask Joe about HIS logic - it was HIS suggestion.

Please define what "SAST" and "MB" refer to for the viewers at home.

It you don't wish to be taken seriously, so be it.
Read #36, days ago. "It" you don't wish to be taken seriously"? wtf? Got a cold?

East and west-end spur ramps justify any widening. And vice-versa. Taking some traffic off of SB Edens, Willow, Dundee, LakeCook, Deerfield, and IL22 especially during peak hours, as well as a fifteen minute quicker trip to/fro Ohare would be a welcome addition to the area. May even affect Kenedens junction.

NO way would this situation exist in ISHTAs fiefdom, Dupageco.
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

dzlsabe

Quote from: GeekJedi on November 21, 2015, 12:49:40 PM
Quote from: dzlsabe on November 21, 2015, 01:17:13 AM

Read #36, days ago. "It" you don't wish to be taken seriously"? wtf? Got a cold?

dzlsabe's rule of etiquette: If you can't say something smart, say something rude.

I think you're in the running for "Troll of the year" and you've only been here a few weeks. Congrats.
"Troll"? Or more GeekJ SAST? Dont you have some WI sign rearranging topics that need your "contribution"?

Posts #s 29, 34, 41, and 50 are all reasonable, legitimate questions to ask. Reply if you want or dare, or dont. Its easier sometimes to just accuse someone of "trolling" because its too difficult to read and think about a different viewpoint or concept than yours. Pretty much everything in between for weeks now, has been time-wasting, inane blather not instigated by me, but certainly responded to. And no doubt, your feud with me turns off potential readers and their (hopefully insightful) replies. 
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

dzlsabe

Quote from: GeekJedi on November 21, 2015, 01:29:58 PM
No it doesn't. Unlike you, many of us have been contributing here for years, treating others respectfully. You haven't. I have no doubt that this doesn't concern any "potential" readers any more than your trolling.
This is not what a "forum" is supposed to be like. You can pull your "many of us" (and thats what? six) vs. you (me) BS card, but bottom-line, you wont answer legitimate questions posed in #29, 34, 41 or 50 and try to get things (back) on topic. Oh, the concurrency.

dzlsabe

Quote from: GeekJedi on November 21, 2015, 01:46:55 PM
Guess what - you don't get to decide what the forum is supposed to be like. You're a guest, like everyone else. You don't decide the terms. If you don't like it, leave.
What are you "Lord of the Flies"?
This is supposed to be about Edens Spur widening and I suggested some pretty obvious missing ramps in ILLINOIS and this bloke from Wherethefami, WI wants to stifle any discussion of that. And throw me off of Moribund Island?

GeekJedi

"Wisconsin - The Concurrency State!"

dzlsabe

Quote from: GeekJedi on November 21, 2015, 01:51:56 PM
Quote from: dzlsabe on November 21, 2015, 01:50:41 PM

I rest my case.
Good. Now we can go back to #6 back in MAY and try again. Just look out for #7  in OCT again.

I-39

Quote from: dzlsabe on November 21, 2015, 02:05:30 PM

I rest my case.
Good. Now we can go back to #6 back in MAY.

dzlsabe, would you just shut up? You are not contributing anything here, all you are doing is picking fights with ridiculous proposals, and taking discussions way off topic. Be nice, or get off this forum.

dzlsabe

Quote from: I-39 on November 21, 2015, 02:08:34 PM
Quote from: dzlsabe on November 21, 2015, 02:05:30 PM

I rest my case.
Good. Now we can go back to #6 back in MAY.

dzlsabe, would you just shut up? You are not contributing anything here, all you are doing is picking fights with ridiculous proposals, and taking discussions way off topic. Be nice, or get off this forum.
Missing ramps on Edens spur are NOT "ridiculous proposals, taking discussions WAY off topic". And no, I wont "shut up" or get off this forum. Im not trying to "pick any fights". If Waukegan Rd. (IL43) is worthy of enters and exits, certainly Skokie Blvd and SB US41 are and ramps to/from 294 as well..

noelbotevera

Alright, back on topic. On Google Earth, it looks like I-94 has room to realign ramps and widen along the whole Edens Spur. There's the tree barrier I mentioned. Why not use that?
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

dzlsabe

Yeah? Gheez only took bringing up SIX month old posts. "Modify the merge points"? Ya think? Does that include four obviously missing ramps? LakeCook bridge is a whole 'nother project. "Engineering-wise, its no problem". No, its a big, expensive problem. Especially when they pull that "baroque" card. Maps of concepts are/were in hands of CMAP/IDOT and ISTHA years ago. And please GJ, dont try to think about what Im talking about. Good to see ya string a few sentences together though.

dzlsabe

Quote from: GeekJedi on November 21, 2015, 02:50:51 PM
Quote from: dzlsabe on November 21, 2015, 02:48:38 PM
And please GJ, dont try to think about what Im talking about.

No worries. I couldn't dumb it down that far if I tried.
Still sensing snark. So the four no-brainer missing ramps havent penetrated yet? And why does someone from Wherethefami,WI care about Edens Spur anyway? Would I go fing up WI-related threads? NO. Why would I? Why would anybody?

Look at GJs WI topics...just inane blather about rearranging the signs and how much everyone is speeding and, boohoo, getting tickets...the roads are built! Very few speeding tickets on interstates around here.

dzlsabe

Quote from: noelbotevera on November 21, 2015, 02:31:48 PM
Alright, back on topic. On Google Earth, it looks like I-94 has room to realign ramps and widen along the whole Edens Spur. There's the tree barrier I mentioned. Why not use that?
Yes there is a "tree barrier". Why not use that? You should. Then thered just be that "forest" barrier.

dzlsabe

Why did you leave GJ? Was it the traffic? Do you make it to the east end of the Spur often? Do you own a hat? Do you own a shovel? Do you work for inanity division at faux news? Youre a way bigger curmudgeon than me and I got ya by fifteen years.

I travel to WI rarely...but Id go more if there was a train that went to Madison or Eau Claire or MSP from Ohare.

Looked at the WI topics...nothing but inane blather about rearranging the roads signs and speeding tickets...the roads are already, probably over-built. Good job. Im sure they cant wait for your next golden "contribution".

Next, maybe you could bring some of those golden insights to your idiot struggling former neighbors to the south in a city/region that has more population than your entire current state.

Started an almost identical topic. Please go over and fthatoneuptoo, Geek. Even JoeD made a new map today.

ET21

Quote from: dzlsabe on November 20, 2015, 01:43:22 PM
And I love how you reply to minutiae in your snarky, ever thought-provoking way.  :sleep: The price of a fictional project really isnt the issue at this time. Its considering the worthiness to even get it off a fictional list. And give a reason to widen the spur. Instead of cart/horse. :-(

The price is not an issue????? In a state that's broke??? Lovely :pan: :pan: :pan:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

dzlsabe

Quote from: ET21 on November 21, 2015, 09:50:31 PM
And I love how you reply to minutiae in your snarky, ever thought-provoking way.  :sleep: The price of a fictional project really isnt the issue at this time. Its considering the worthiness to even get it off a fictional list. And give a reason to widen the spur. Instead of cart/horse. Late, half ass-backwards as usual.  :-(

The price is not an issue????? In a state that's broke??? Lovely :pan: :pan: :pan:
Where did you read or hear that ISTHA or IDOT D1 is broke?

So move to under-populated WI. The roads are new, they argue about how to rearrange signs and the darn speeding tickets they get now suck, I hear. SW is a freakin' genius! Ive been there hundreds of times. Its like going from East Berlin thru East Germany and finally arriving at wonderful Wherethefami, WI. Who wouldnt want that?

Brandon

Quote from: dzlsabe on November 21, 2015, 11:07:11 PM
And I love how you reply to minutiae in your snarky, ever thought-provoking way.  :sleep: The price of a fictional project really isnt the issue at this time. Its considering the worthiness to even get it off a fictional list. And give a reason to widen the spur. Instead of cart/horse. Late, half ass-backwards as usual.  :-(

Where did you read or hear that IDOT D1 is broke?

Um, let's see here, the state is broke, therefore, even the Schaumburg District is broke.

Anyway, I agree with Greek Jedi.  That's why I don't answer most of your crap posts anymore.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

dzlsabe

Once again, taken out of context and modified.  I said ISTHA and D1. And brando, Im in tears. You Fup every topic you touch. If its not got something to do with Joliet (new hipster mecca?) or Willco, you dont like it. Im starting a new topic just for you.

dzlsabe

Quote from: Brandon on November 21, 2015, 11:57:55 PM
Quote from: dzlsabe on November 21, 2015, 11:07:11 PM

Where did you read or hear that IDOT D1 is broke?

Um, let's see here, the state is broke, therefore, even the Schaumburg District is broke.

Anyway, I agree with Greek Jedi.  That's why I don't answer most of your crap posts anymore.
Its "GEEK" not Greek, SAST.

I said ISTHA and IDOT D1...not so cleverly edited there faux news trainee. ISTHA is not broke. Theyve been setting records. D1 is underfunded, not broke...theres a difference.

Im working to get the fundsuckers in Willco out of D1, into D3, where theyll have a new sugar daddy to squeeze.

roadman65

Why do you keep calling the people you disagree with Faux news followers or trainees?   Are you related to President Obama? 
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

GeekJedi

I suppose if the ISTHA foots the bill (which they should), IL being broke isn't a factor, though money isn't the only factor involved.

GeekJedi

Quote from: roadman65 on November 22, 2015, 03:24:29 PM
Why do you keep calling the people you disagree with Faux news followers or trainees?   Are you related to President Obama? 

Do what I did - throw him in your "ignore" list. Makes reading a lot more pleasant. Now, all I see is this in place of his posts:

"You are ignoring this user."

I'm guessing that based on the number of times he's been back to edit his posts, he's throwing a bit of a tantrum because he's not being taken seriously anymore. Don't really know, absolutely don't care. The best part is that based on the way he's been stalking me he'll probably reply to this post, and I won't see it!  :-D

noelbotevera

The easy way to do this is to just call an admin and someone can try to sort out this thread. I'm tired of this thread getting derailed and I have to clean up the mess, only just for it to get derailed again.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

GeekJedi

I did last night. Hopefully they respond.

dzlsabe

Quote from: roadman65 on November 22, 2015, 03:24:29 PM
When someone edits, omits and twists your replies to make their point, I call that faux. Never said "Faux" news followers. Though Im sure the spambot express can make it seem that way.

No, to my knowledge Im not related to the POTUS. Why would that matter?

Would welcome VP Amtrak Joe Biden to Chicago for a few days though.

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.