AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2019 meets  (Read 33148 times)

Amtrakprod

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 719
  • In support of an all flashing yellow arrow USA!

  • Age: 16
  • Location: Arlington, MA
  • Last Login: October 22, 2021, 11:24:51 AM
    • Amtrak Productions
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2019, 07:10:27 PM »

Last I heard, yes, sometime after the new Champlain Bridge opens.

Newberryport, MA has also been talked about a couple times, and is mentioned earlier in this thread.  Is that still a potential for this year?

Yes, I am still considering a Newburyport (or really, Newbury is more like it), MA meet, which would be likely in early November.
I'd do it, I'm only 13 but IDK Peabody has some very interesting signals I'd love to see, like the new right turn FYA in downtown.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:02:38 PM by Amtrakprod »
Logged
Roadgeek, railfan, and crossing signal fan. From Massachusetts, and in high school. Youtube is my website link. Loves FYAs signals. Interest in Bicycle Infrastructure. Owns one Leotech Pedestrian Signal, and a Safetran Type 1 E bell.

kevinb1994

  • *
  • Online Online

  • Posts: 1814
  • Age: 27
  • Last Login: Today at 04:58:00 AM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2019, 12:30:05 PM »

I know we’re now less than a week away from the Jacksonville Road Meet now, but unfortunately the weather forecast looks less than favorable now. Gonna postpone this meet until later this year instead of canceling it outright.
Logged

US71

  • Road Scholar , Master of Snark
  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 11247
  • Mad man with a camera

  • Age: 61
  • Location: On the road again
  • Last Login: October 22, 2021, 09:32:04 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2019, 12:42:46 PM »

I know we’re now less than a week away from the Jacksonville Road Meet now, but unfortunately the weather forecast looks less than favorable now. Gonna postpone this meet until later this year instead of canceling it outright.

Depending on timing and finances, I may try to make this time.
Logged
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kevinb1994

  • *
  • Online Online

  • Posts: 1814
  • Age: 27
  • Last Login: Today at 04:58:00 AM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2019, 02:53:56 PM »

I’ve decided to post a new poll for the Jacksonville Road Meet; this time I need to know if this fall is a good time to postpone it to or further back until early 2021 or early 2022.
Logged

A.J. Bertin

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 904
  • Age: 42
  • Location: Grand Rapids, MI
  • Last Login: October 21, 2021, 07:00:13 AM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2019, 09:54:22 PM »

I know we’re now less than a week away from the Jacksonville Road Meet now, but unfortunately the weather forecast looks less than favorable now. Gonna postpone this meet until later this year instead of canceling it outright.

According to the National Weather Service, Jacksonville's forecast for Saturday is partly sunny with a high near 81. What's "less than favorable" about that?
Logged
-A.J. from Michigan

kevinb1994

  • *
  • Online Online

  • Posts: 1814
  • Age: 27
  • Last Login: Today at 04:58:00 AM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2019, 09:59:56 PM »

I know we’re now less than a week away from the Jacksonville Road Meet now, but unfortunately the weather forecast looks less than favorable now. Gonna postpone this meet until later this year instead of canceling it outright.

According to the National Weather Service, Jacksonville's forecast for Saturday is partly sunny with a high near 81. What's "less than favorable" about that?

From what I was going off of, Facebook Events said that there was a possibility of rain showers in the forecast for Saturday.
Logged

Dougtone

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 1607
  • I'm Doug and I approve this message.

  • Age: -6867
  • Location: Upstate New York
  • Last Login: October 14, 2021, 08:08:08 PM
    • Gribblenation
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2019, 10:08:06 PM »

I know we’re now less than a week away from the Jacksonville Road Meet now, but unfortunately the weather forecast looks less than favorable now. Gonna postpone this meet until later this year instead of canceling it outright.

According to the National Weather Service, Jacksonville's forecast for Saturday is partly sunny with a high near 81. What's "less than favorable" about that?

It's less than favorable because it gives us all more of a reason to go to the beach instead.

froggie

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 11952
  • Location: Greensboro, VT
  • Last Login: Today at 01:01:55 AM
    • Froggie's Place
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2019, 02:43:54 PM »

Quote
Facebook Events

'Nuff said...
Logged

US71

  • Road Scholar , Master of Snark
  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 11247
  • Mad man with a camera

  • Age: 61
  • Location: On the road again
  • Last Login: October 22, 2021, 09:32:04 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2019, 03:28:39 PM »

I know we’re now less than a week away from the Jacksonville Road Meet now, but unfortunately the weather forecast looks less than favorable now. Gonna postpone this meet until later this year instead of canceling it outright.

According to the National Weather Service, Jacksonville's forecast for Saturday is partly sunny with a high near 81. What's "less than favorable" about that?

From what I was going off of, Facebook Events said that there was a possibility of rain showers in the forecast for Saturday.


I just checked the National Weather Service page: 40 percent chance of rain after 1pm, or 60 percent chance of NO rain ;)
Logged
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kevinb1994

  • *
  • Online Online

  • Posts: 1814
  • Age: 27
  • Last Login: Today at 04:58:00 AM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2019, 07:42:57 PM »

I know we’re now less than a week away from the Jacksonville Road Meet now, but unfortunately the weather forecast looks less than favorable now. Gonna postpone this meet until later this year instead of canceling it outright.

According to the National Weather Service, Jacksonville's forecast for Saturday is partly sunny with a high near 81. What's "less than favorable" about that?

From what I was going off of, Facebook Events said that there was a possibility of rain showers in the forecast for Saturday.


I just checked the National Weather Service page: 40 percent chance of rain after 1pm, or 60 percent chance of NO rain ;)

That’s not what the Weather Channel said this evening nor did any of the local television news channels/stations.
Logged

SSOWorld

  • 'Sconsin
  • *
  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 3732
  • Interstate <Make up your mind!>

  • Age: 48
  • Location: MAH House!
  • Last Login: October 22, 2021, 10:29:16 PM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2019, 08:02:12 PM »

That’s not what the Weather Channel said this evening nor did any of the local television news channels/stations.
For your entertainment purposes only
Logged
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ssoworld-roads/

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

kevinb1994

  • *
  • Online Online

  • Posts: 1814
  • Age: 27
  • Last Login: Today at 04:58:00 AM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2019, 08:25:52 PM »

That’s not what the Weather Channel said this evening nor did any of the local television news channels/stations.
For your entertainment purposes only

While true, I don’t usually remember to check the NWS website, unlike some of y’all.
Logged

PHLBOS

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 7343
  • Age: 56
  • Location: Greater Philly, PA
  • Last Login: July 25, 2021, 06:59:02 PM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2019, 09:27:22 AM »

That’s not what the Weather Channel said this evening nor did any of the local television news channels/stations.
For your entertainment purposes only
While true, I don’t usually remember to check the NWS website, unlike some of y’all.
"With great power/privilege comes great responsibility." - Stan Lee 1922-2018, Creator of Spiderman

The use of third-person for the below is intentional.

When one is planning/hosting an event that is subject to weather conditions; it is that individual's responsibility to check/verify possible forecasts/conditions through reputable sources (note the plural) prior to making the decision whether to postpone/cancel said-event/gathering.  Even if doing such means deviating from one's normal habits/routines.

Note: the above can be applied towards any type of group gathering not just road meets.

Something to ponder in the future.
Logged
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Alps

  • Everybody Obeys the Octagon
  • *
  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 14545
  • Elimitante the truck trarffic,

  • Age: 38
  • Location: New Jersey
  • Last Login: Today at 12:07:37 AM
    • Alps' Roads
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2019, 10:58:36 PM »

Pittsburgh now set for August 10.

Amtrakprod

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 719
  • In support of an all flashing yellow arrow USA!

  • Age: 16
  • Location: Arlington, MA
  • Last Login: October 22, 2021, 11:24:51 AM
    • Amtrak Productions
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2019, 11:22:45 PM »

Pittsburgh now set for August 10.
My birthday lmao
Logged
Roadgeek, railfan, and crossing signal fan. From Massachusetts, and in high school. Youtube is my website link. Loves FYAs signals. Interest in Bicycle Infrastructure. Owns one Leotech Pedestrian Signal, and a Safetran Type 1 E bell.

jon12791

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 8
  • Age: 30
  • Location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts
  • Last Login: July 18, 2021, 11:46:52 PM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2019, 11:39:53 AM »

Last I heard, yes, sometime after the new Champlain Bridge opens.

Newberryport, MA has also been talked about a couple times, and is mentioned earlier in this thread.  Is that still a potential for this year?

Yes, I am still considering a Newburyport (or really, Newbury is more like it), MA meet, which would be likely in early November.
I'd do it, I'm only 14 but IDK Peabody has some very interesting signals I'd love to see, like the new right turn FYA in downtown.

Keep me in the loop of when this will be please: jef12791@yahoo.com

Logged

Dougtone

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 1607
  • I'm Doug and I approve this message.

  • Age: -6867
  • Location: Upstate New York
  • Last Login: October 14, 2021, 08:08:08 PM
    • Gribblenation
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2019, 06:02:56 PM »

Last I heard, yes, sometime after the new Champlain Bridge opens.

Newberryport, MA has also been talked about a couple times, and is mentioned earlier in this thread.  Is that still a potential for this year?

Yes, I am still considering a Newburyport (or really, Newbury is more like it), MA meet, which would be likely in early November.
I'd do it, I'm only 14 but IDK Peabody has some very interesting signals I'd love to see, like the new right turn FYA in downtown.

Keep me in the loop of when this will be please: jef12791@yahoo.com



I have a dedicated thread set up on the AARoads Forum for the Newburyport meet, so that will be the best place to find out about any updates.
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=24448.0

Highway63

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 143
  • Location: Iowa
  • Last Login: August 24, 2021, 11:44:16 PM
    • Iowa Highway Ends
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2019, 11:39:31 PM »

I have a couple questions...
 
Jason - are you still considering hosting something in Albuquerque this summer?
Scott - are you still considering hosting a meet in LaCrosse?

Are there other meets that have been talked about but not been added to this list yet?

Just so you all know, I am having second thoughts on Albuquerque, its a done deal, my wife, mother in law and I are going but it will be for one of my biggest toy conventions of the year and logistic wise it may not work for me  to host a meet there when my primary focus will be selling diecast cars to several hundred people and it would not be fair to Steph and her mom who will be doing the tourist thing while I am selling. Also I now have a Memphis meet planned for later this spring (4/13 is looking like the potential date for this) and another central PA based meet for April or May 2020.
So...this is awkward. I haven't been here often, I know, and I should have said something earlier. But my first vacation request of this year, which had to be done by last Thanksgiving, was made on the expectation of an Albuquerque meet on July 20.

If it's not going to happen, well, that doesn't prevent me from driving there anyway I suppose. But I would like some further details, if there are any since that January post.

kevinb1994

  • *
  • Online Online

  • Posts: 1814
  • Age: 27
  • Last Login: Today at 04:58:00 AM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2019, 09:18:41 AM »

I have a couple questions...
 
Jason - are you still considering hosting something in Albuquerque this summer?
Scott - are you still considering hosting a meet in LaCrosse?

Are there other meets that have been talked about but not been added to this list yet?

Just so you all know, I am having second thoughts on Albuquerque, its a done deal, my wife, mother in law and I are going but it will be for one of my biggest toy conventions of the year and logistic wise it may not work for me  to host a meet there when my primary focus will be selling diecast cars to several hundred people and it would not be fair to Steph and her mom who will be doing the tourist thing while I am selling. Also I now have a Memphis meet planned for later this spring (4/13 is looking like the potential date for this) and another central PA based meet for April or May 2020.
So...this is awkward. I haven't been here often, I know, and I should have said something earlier. But my first vacation request of this year, which had to be done by last Thanksgiving, was made on the expectation of an Albuquerque meet on July 20.

If it's not going to happen, well, that doesn't prevent me from driving there anyway I suppose. But I would like some further details, if there are any since that January post.

Meet’s been postponed until further notice, pending meet host being able to host or not.
Logged

jpi

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 889
  • Age: 48
  • Location: Lebanon, TN Home of the Barrel originally from York, PA
  • Last Login: October 12, 2021, 10:02:13 AM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2019, 09:29:57 AM »

Kevin- if you are referring to Albuquerque yes I have decided not to host it and here is why, I will be too busy selling diecast toys at a hotel since this is during a BIG diecast toy convention and Steph and her mother will be sight seeing around Albuquerque, sorry guys but the logistics just won't work for me to do this.
Logged
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

kevinb1994

  • *
  • Online Online

  • Posts: 1814
  • Age: 27
  • Last Login: Today at 04:58:00 AM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2019, 09:37:58 AM »

Kevin- if you are referring to Albuquerque yes I have decided not to host it and here is why, I will be too busy selling diecast toys at a hotel since this is during a BIG diecast toy convention and Steph and her mother will be sight seeing around Albuquerque, sorry guys but the logistics just won't work for me to do this.

Yeah I just wanted to remind everyone that that you decided to back off for now, thanks for the reminder/update.
Logged

Alps

  • Everybody Obeys the Octagon
  • *
  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 14545
  • Elimitante the truck trarffic,

  • Age: 38
  • Location: New Jersey
  • Last Login: Today at 12:07:37 AM
    • Alps' Roads
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »

Kevin- if you are referring to Albuquerque yes I have decided not to host it and here is why, I will be too busy selling diecast toys at a hotel since this is during a BIG diecast toy convention and Steph and her mother will be sight seeing around Albuquerque, sorry guys but the logistics just won't work for me to do this.

Yeah I just wanted to remind everyone that that you decided to back off for now, thanks for the reminder/update.
You are not the meet police. Please stop posting only to echo what other people have said. Please do not speak for others. It is a forum rule to only comment if you are adding content. Echoing others is not adding content.

kevinb1994

  • *
  • Online Online

  • Posts: 1814
  • Age: 27
  • Last Login: Today at 04:58:00 AM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2019, 05:53:12 PM »

Kevin- if you are referring to Albuquerque yes I have decided not to host it and here is why, I will be too busy selling diecast toys at a hotel since this is during a BIG diecast toy convention and Steph and her mother will be sight seeing around Albuquerque, sorry guys but the logistics just won't work for me to do this.

Yeah I just wanted to remind everyone that that you decided to back off for now, thanks for the reminder/update.
You are not the meet police. Please stop posting only to echo what other people have said. Please do not speak for others. It is a forum rule to only comment if you are adding content. Echoing others is not adding content.

I wasn’t even aware of that rule. It was all just to help out Highway63, sheesh.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:58:26 PM by kevinb1994 »
Logged

kphoger

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 20193
  • Location: Wichita, KS
  • Last Login: September 05, 2021, 06:26:16 PM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2019, 07:20:14 PM »

I wasn’t even aware of that rule.

Might as well read the forum guidelines.
Logged
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. Dick
If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

noelbotevera

  • *
  • Offline Offline

  • Posts: 3267
  • Now at a Redbox kiosk near you!

  • Age: 17
  • Location: Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
  • Last Login: October 22, 2021, 05:40:45 PM
Re: 2019 meets
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2019, 09:45:52 PM »

Dropping in by just to inform y'all about Pittsburgh updates. Date is totally set for August 10th, and a Facebook event page now exists.

Link to the Facebook page.
Logged
Doing things that nobody wants to do since 2004.
I was THE youngest forum member from May 14th, 2015 to September 25th, 2016.

I am the second Alex, since I currently use my father's name...

 


Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.