News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Mile marker numbering on I-94 Business Loops in North Dakota

Started by jasonh300, January 18, 2020, 09:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonh300

Anyone know how the Business Loops of I-94 in North Dakota are numbered?  All of the mile markers are in the 800s and 900s.  I know these six business loops are former alignments of the mostly defunct US-10, so I wonder if the numbers are based on the total mileage of the original US-10 route, crossing state lines.  Any ideas?

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jasonh300

Quote from: NE2 on January 18, 2020, 09:40:03 PM
http://www.dot.nd.gov/docs/maps/state/2015CDRS_Combined.pdf
Each one picks up roughly where the previous one leaves off.

I see.  I didn't realize it was that simple.  So it starts from the first business route at the west end of Medora at 900.  Why 900? Is that something specific to North Dakota, or is this done elsewhere?  We don't have Interstate business routes down south, so this is my first experience with them.  I remember finding a similarly high mile marker on a US highway in southern Alabama, but I don't remember the details, so I never was able to find out what the deal was with that either.

Scott5114

It may just be an arbitrary starting point to avoid conflict with numbering on mainline I-94.

Texas mileposts are all measured from an arbitrary zero point in New Mexico that no Texas highway actually reaches. It could also be something like that.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.