News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-40 / AR 59 Rebuild

Started by US71, April 08, 2021, 09:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

ARDOT is proposing a rebuild of the I-40/ AR 59 Interchange at Van Buren, including a traffic circle at EB I-40 and AR 59.

This is beyond needed. Wal-Mart and Aldi are just north of here on 59 and traffic is almost always a clusterf*ck.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Bobby5280

I do not like the design of those exit ramps leading into that roundabout at all. The on and off ramps do not appear long enough. They're basically proposing an exit lane leading into a pretty sharp turn.

US71

Quote from: Bobby5280 on April 09, 2021, 12:29:47 PM
I do not like the design of those exit ramps leading into that roundabout at all. The on and off ramps do not appear long enough. They're basically proposing an exit lane leading into a pretty sharp turn.

Did the same in Fayetteville at 49/ US 62
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

rte66man

Quote from: Bobby5280 on April 09, 2021, 12:29:47 PM

Having trouble seeing how semis will make that w/o taking out something.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Bobby5280

We had a semi roll-over accident here in Lawton today at the Rogers Lane exit with I-44. The exit ramps were recently remodeled with a couple fairly tight half loops. There is some updated imagery of it (and Fort Sill) in Google Earth (the rest of Lawton has 2015 imagery).

I agree that I-40 exit ramp design could see some of the same fun.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

They should coordinate that corridor from Pointer Trail to Rena Rd.

For a while I had a job in Sallisaw, it could use a coordination improvement or volume density update. Everyone blocks the Eastbound ramp despite signage stating not to.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.