News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Worst episodes of shows you like

Started by OCGuy81, May 03, 2021, 11:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

I've enjoyed 'The Dukes Of Hazzard' for many years, but there was an episode late in the show's run when Hazzard was invaded by a space alien.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

In_Correct

QuoteThe Dukes Of Hazzard

This has many bad episodes. It is surprising it lasted as long as it did.

Quote from: mgk920 on May 05, 2021, 10:30:54 PM
I'll pile on some more with Star Trek - TNG here.  For me, although I don't remember its title, that final season episode where Starfleet Command imposed that cosmic speed limit on their ships.  IMHO, that was the true 'Jump the Shark' moment of the series, I couldn't force myself to watch any of the final few episodes that followed it.

:banghead:

Mike

That happened to me about Season 4 of Star Trek The Next Generation. It was episode In Theory by Jay Chattaway. This episode begins the first episode of when the majority of Jay Chattaway's episodes are difficult to listen to. It was around the time losing Ron Jones and the music started to go down hill after that. A few exeptions, especially with Face Of The Enemy by Don Davis, and then other musicians such as John Debney (of The Orville) and Paul Baillargeon (who worked with Rick Berman before) and Gregory Smith that snuck high quality music in to the episodes. A memorable Jay Chattaway episode is Aquiel. Other than that, his music is mostly bland until Season Seven of Voyager.

As for the story of In Theory is just dumb. It is about Data making a fool of him self with women. This is a retcon, as he had no problem with Tasha. Some people might say that he was intoxicated and could not be in a relationship. How ever, he still remembers even if he was intoxicated. Perhaps it would be less annoying if the woman he was pursuing had one thing in common such as Ard'rian McKenzie. It would have been a much better episode. But the way that episode turned out it is just another Failed Romance episode normally attributed to Wesley and Geordi.

Quote from: roadman65 on May 06, 2021, 11:10:38 PM
Dallas. Being of it's nature as a continuous episode, I will say the worst storyline.  It was when JR was in prison for rape.  I mean JR doing hard time was ridiculous even for his character. The whole ordeal was written poorly. The rape was not a real rape, but JR sleeping with the sister of two crazed hillbillies who got pissed off at him from stealing their pure sisters virginity. The sheriff caught the two crazy brothers ready to murder JR, but threw JR in jail instead without due process or a trial. Even with 1800 s rationale which that was based, premarital sex was not rape then either.

JR was bad, but if he were to go to jail let it be for the real crimes he committed or not make him look stupid while in Jail. JR was much smarter than that to be harassed by a kangaroo court.

The Original Dark Shadows ... a soap opera ... so it has multiple overlapping arcs ... But towards the end of it ... they say after watching those 1,000 episodes ... none of what you watched probably even happened ... since they went back in time ... and changed every thing. And then they made these incomplete movies with a focus on gore and every body dying.
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

roadman65

All In The Family when Mike and Gloria went to a cabin in the woods to rescue their sex life that declined all of a sudden.  I know that sex is part of marriage ( or nowadays part of single life or cohabitation) but it's not the only thing that holds a marriage together.  You have to have chemistry as well as get along and enjoy your merged life together.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Skye

Supernatural: "Bugs" (Season 1)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.