News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What section of Interstate have you been on the most?

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 09, 2021, 01:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianocello

I haven't lived there full-time since I was in high school, but it's still probably I-80 along the north side of Davenport, IA. Specifically, the 5-mile stretch between I-74 and the exit I take to get to my parents' place.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

skluth

I lived in South St Louis City or County for almost 30 years, mostly working near the brewery. I-55 was my main drive to work, the brewery, the good restaurants in Soulard and Midtown, my favorite bars, and the Arch/Downtown. It was also the way to Illinois via the PSB until I moved to SoCo. I drove I-55 between Cherokee and Bates at least 400X/year for about 20 of them and plenty of times other years, so probably close to 10K total drives. I doubt anything else comes close.

thspfc

I-39/90/94 between US-151/East Washington and US-51/Stoughton Road in Madison.

index

I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

jp the roadgeek

I-84 between Exit 32 (CT 10; future 46) and Exit 35 (CT 72 East; future 50).  From here, I'm usually either going to somewhere near New Britain/Berlin/Newington, or continuing on to the Hartford area.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

roadman

I-93 between I-95/128 in Woburn MA and Route 102 in Derry, NH.  Had family that lived in Derry for over thirty years, and my dentist and stylist (both old family friends) still have their businesses there.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

DandyDan

This is a challenge to figure out because I have lived in 4 different states. I suspect it was probably the section of I-80 between 42nd Street and I-480 in Omaha because when I had my courier job way back in 1996 through 1998, that was the route to downtown Omaha and the airport from my job headquarters, although it wouldn't be unreasonable for it to be I-480 for the same reason. Of course, quitting that job wouldn't make me stop taking those roads. Even moving away wouldn't.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Ned Weasel

I-35 in Kansas between US 69/Overland Parkway and US 56/69/169/Shawnee Mission Parkway.
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

OldDominion75

I-95 between Richmond and Carmel Church. After that, I use VA 207 over to US 301 into Southern Maryland. Traffic on 95 gets horrible at exit 126.

Bickendan

ctkatz

I 71 from louisville (I 264 ramp to 71 north) to columbus (exit 104 frank road).  that was the exit to get to grandma's house.  in the years since she died, I've taken I 71 north (that section at least) at least 8 times. 

second most is I 65 both ways from the gene snyder to birmingham where my mom's family is from.

third most is I 65 north from the kennedy bridge (yes I know the kennedy is a southern aligned bridge now.  it wasn't always) to exit 7.  lot's of trips to salem, in on top of a few trips to indy and chicago plus the start of a few west coast road trips that used 65 north.

CoreySamson

Probably I-10 between LA 1 and I-110 in Baton Rouge if I had to guess, though I haven't been on it in 9 years. As a driver, probably I-69 on the northeast side of Houston.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

andrepoiy

I-190 in NY, because it just so happens that I use that Interstate most of the time I go to the US via NY.

OCGuy81

The I-5 Santa Ana Freeway in southern California.  Lived in OC and worked in downtown LA for a few years.  Awful commute.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: mgk920 on May 09, 2021, 02:28:38 PM
Pretty much certainly I-41 in the Appleton to Neenah, WI area.

Does that only count the time since I-41 was signed?
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

deathtopumpkins

Hard to say given how many times I've moved. At various times my commutes have included:
VA I-64 between exits 255 and 261
VA I-64 between exits 262 and 265
VA I-64 between exits 267 and 276
I-93 between Gov't Center and Sullivan Square
I-93 between Gov't Center and NH Exit 3
I-95 between MA 133 and MA 110
I-293 between NH 101 and Amoskeag St

Other stretches I could probably drive in my sleep at this point:
I-95 from Providence to Portland
I-93 from Canton to Franconia Notch
I-295 through Portland
I-495 from MA 2 to Lawrence
I-90 east of I-84
I-84 from East Hartford to I-90
I-91 between the VT 9 exits
I-64 from VA 199 to I-264
I-664 from VA 164 to I-64
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

sparker

Within the last 8+ years, it would likely be a tossup between I-280 between downtown San Jose and CA 85 in Cupertino and I-880 from its southern terminus north to Fremont Blvd. in south Fremont.  For three years prior to that, it was definitely I-15 from Ontario to Main St. in Hesperia; and before that I-10 from Ontario to Redlands. 

CtrlAltDel

For me it's almost certainly the bit of I-290 IL in red, followed closely by the bit in blue. Past that, I've been on the remaining bits of I-290, I-294 and I-88 pretty much equally, except for that bit of I-294 parallel to I-290, which I can only recall traveling on three times.

Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

mgk920

Quote from: triplemultiplex on May 11, 2021, 03:30:30 PM
Quote from: mgk920 on May 09, 2021, 02:28:38 PM
Pretty much certainly I-41 in the Appleton to Neenah, WI area.

Does that only count the time since I-41 was signed?

Well, seeing as the second nearest I-route is about a half hour drive time away and in a direction that I don't often have a need to go....

(Before I-41 was signed, I would say that it was I-94 between the Zoo Interchange and downtown Milwaukee.)

Mike

achilles765

As a kid likely interstate 55 between interstate 12 in Hammond and interstate 20 in Jackson.

As an adult: Interstate 10. Ive lived in Houston, Baton Rouge and New Orleans and been to San Antonio often so I've been on interstate 10 more than any other; though I would guess interstate 45 is a close second–actually interstate 69 between downtown and sugar land may be tied with 45.
I love freeways and roads in any state but Texas will always be first in my heart

ftballfan

cpzilliacus

Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

US 89

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.