News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Highest numbered route that you have clinched?

Started by Roadgeekteen, June 11, 2021, 08:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

oscar

Virginia secondary 10272 in Fairfax, and for primary routes FL 9336 to Everglades National Park, top my clinched list. This doesn't include the 9xxxx pseudo-routes in Virginia (numbers VDOT assigns to Federally-controlled highways), or six-digit Alaska internal inventory numbers.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Big John

74/171FAN

VA 90003 (Colonial Pkwy) and SR 10076 (Fairfax County).

In all seriousness, KY 3226 for four-digit state routes, PA 999 for two-digit and three-digit state routes, US 522 for US routes, and I-895(MD) for interstates.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 11, 2021, 10:11:29 PM

In all seriousness, KY 3226 for four-digit state routes, PA 999 for two-digit and three-digit state routes, US 522 for US routes, and I-895(MD) for interstates.
The first two are serious?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

74/171FAN

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on June 11, 2021, 10:16:30 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 11, 2021, 10:11:29 PM

The first two are serious?

Technically yes.  However, I wanted to give reasonable answers as well.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Rothman

Yeah, I've clinched the Colonial Parkway, too.  In terms of a real shielded route (none of those dinky rectangles) and just going off the top of my head, I'll go with KY 3527.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Eth

Mine would be PR 9938 in El Yunque National Forest.

Mapmikey

Quote from: oscar on June 11, 2021, 08:29:40 PM
Virginia secondary 10272 in Fairfax, and for primary routes FL 9336 to Everglades National Park, top my clinched list. This doesn't include the 9xxxx pseudo-routes in Virginia (numbers VDOT assigns to Federally-controlled highways), or six-digit Alaska internal inventory numbers.

My answer is the same as this.

Rothman

Oh, for Pete's sake.  How could I have forgotten FL 9336.  Clinched that one.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

US 89

Appears my highest is I-985 in Georgia, unless I've clinched a bigger FM/RM somewhere in Texas (and I'm pretty sure I haven't).

cpzilliacus

Maryland:  MD-996 (Eggert Drive in Montgomery County), now decommissioned.
Also Maryland: I-895 (Baltimore Harbor Tunnel Thruway), definitely not decommissioned.  Also I-895B and I-895A.

Virginia:  Probably one of the secondaries over 10000 in Fairfax County maybe VA-10028, Col. Lindsay Drive in the Falls Church area of Fairfax County (outside the limits of Falls Church city).  Col. Lindsay Drive intersects VA-10027, Col. Lindsay Court for an added bonus.

In terms of primary system highways, VA-895 (Pocahontas Parkway toll road) between I-95 and I-295 is the winner even though the route number is greater than 599, which implies that this should be a secondary system road (it's not).

In terms of roads in the traffic count book, the honor goes to VA-90005, the Virginia sections of the George Washington Memorial Parkway.  Honorable mention to VA-90004, the Dulles Airport Access Road, the non-toll airport-only lanes parallel to VA-267 and VA-90003, the Colonial Parkway between Yorktown, Williamsburg and Jamestown.  I have never seen a sign with the route numbers over 90000.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

dgolub

Westchester CR 1323, I guess.  If only signed routes count, then probably NY 895 (Former I-895).

Jim

I'm another with FL 9336 and maybe something with 5 digits in VA, but I don't track travels on Virginia secondaries.
Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

dlsterner

LilianaUwU

"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

I-55

Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

CNGL-Leudimin

I knew it had to be over 9000 :sombrero:. Provincial road HU-V-9532, done as a child (and thus obviously not driving).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

thspfc

Dirt Roads

Quote from: cpzilliacus on June 12, 2021, 07:57:00 AM
I have never seen a sign with the route numbers over 90000.

The National Park Service wouldn't let them be posted even if VDOT made them available.  Unless a historically accurate cutout version was approved by the National Register of Historic Places (which, of course, is administered by the National Park Se.....)   :banghead:

Mapmikey

Quote from: Dirt Roads on June 12, 2021, 07:41:22 PM
Quote from: cpzilliacus on June 12, 2021, 07:57:00 AM
I have never seen a sign with the route numbers over 90000.

The National Park Service wouldn't let them be posted even if VDOT made them available.  Unless a historically accurate cutout version was approved by the National Register of Historic Places (which, of course, is administered by the National Park Se.....)   :banghead:

Two of the three VA 9xxxx routes have some non-NPS routings.

SkyPesos

I need to take a look at my state routes (tons of 4 digit KY routes), but for interstate, it's I-865.

bassoon1986

TBKS1

AR 980 in both Morrilton and Carlisle. There are other locations for AR 980 too, so it may not completely count. If it doesn't, MS 713.
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.