News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Re: No activation email or admin approval, might have mistyped email address.

Started by Joravar, February 22, 2024, 08:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joravar

This What I Was Planning To Post:

Interstate 20 Eastern Extension Idea To Norfolk, Virginia

NCDOT (maybe VDOT) can make their own segment of I-20 without the need of SCDOT.

I-20 can use the 4 lane corridors of future freeway or already built freeway of US 74/US 76 (future I-74), then I-140, then future Hampstead Bypass (US 17 bypass), then US 17, then NC 168, then VA 168 from Florence, SC or near SC state line to Norfolk, VA. At Chesapeake, VA (Norfolk); I-87 can goes on the west and northwest side of Norfolk to end at I-64 in Hampton, VA (via inverse I-64, then I-664 corridor) while I-20 goes on the east side of Norfolk to terminate at Virginia Beach, VA (via inverse I-64, then I-264 corridor). Which can eliminate the wrong way I-64.

Or if it follows US 13/US 58/US 460 corridor instead of NC/VA Hwy 168 corridor: I-20 in NC has concurrency with I-74 about 20 miles, then I-20 goes through Wilmington and meets I-40 by using the future formerly I-140 freeway. Then the route continues through Jacksonville and New Bern while having concurrency with I-42/ US 70. After leaving New Bern, I-20 continues northeast to the Virginia state line while having concurrency with I-87 at North Carolina and Virginia. After the route enters Virginia and enters Norfolk city limits, it leaves I-87 concurrency and continues eastward to go through Norfolk (future formerly I-64) while meeting I-420 (future formerly I-264), meeting I-720 (future formerly I-464), then the route meets an interchange with I-64/I-420, then the route continues about a few miles, then I-20 meets its eastern terminus at a intersection of I-20 business spur (or US 60 spur/connector) where the business spur route (or US 60 Spur/Conn.) continues east, passing through few streets and blocks to meet its eastern terminus at an intersection of US 60 at Virginia Beach.

For this extension, future I-64 will be truncated at an interchange of future I-20/I-420, future I-87 can be rerouted northward to the northwest of Norfolk (future formerly I-664) to have its north end at I-64 in Hampton, VA and future I-20 will meet (have a connection between) future I-74/US 74, I-40, future I-42/US 70, future I-87 and I-64 in the future.

If SCDOT built it, then I-20 will have concurrency with I-95 about 12 miles bypassing Florence, then meet I-73 near Marion before entering North Carolina.

This is option/idea #1. There are 4 options to chose in the petition. https://www.change.org/p/extend-interstate-20-beyond-florence-south-carolina

PS: I think I-87 should be extended north from its proposed north end location (Norfolk, VA) to connect with New York's segment of I-87, this should make I-20 and I-87 serving as a big bypass for I-95 from Florence, SC to New York City, NY.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Joravar on February 22, 2024, 08:32:42 AM
This What I Was Planning To Post

This section is exclusively for issues with registering, not backdoor posting, even if it's on topic for the forum.

Anyways, we're currently having email issues with the forum, thus why you didn't get an activation email.  I've gone ahead and manually approved your account.

Scott5114

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 23, 2024, 01:08:00 AM
This section is exclusively for issues with registering, not backdoor posting, even if it's on topic for the forum.

There wouldn't be any point in doing so anyway, since logged-in users can't access this section.

Of course, since you've approved their account, they may never see either of our posts. :P
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Joravar

Still didn't get an activation nor a admin approval email. I check my email address and it's not mistyped.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Joravar on February 23, 2024, 08:58:05 AM
Still didn't get an activation nor a admin approval email. I check my email address and it's not mistyped.

There will be NO email if your account is manually approved by us, which I stated I have already done..  Just log into your account.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.