News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

SUNOCO Exclusivity

Started by 02 Park Ave, November 10, 2016, 09:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

02 Park Ave

The Indiana Toll Road is in the process of rebuilding their travel plazas.  Upon the completion of the project, all fuel services at them will be provided by SUNOCO.  As SUNOCO is the only fuel provider on the New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Ohio Turnpikes, this means that anyone motoring, via the turnpikes, from New York to Chicago would be fueled exclusively with SUNOCO products.
C-o-H

epzik8

I'm a NASCAR fan and Sunoco is NASCAR's fuel provider, and I sometimes do some driving on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. So that makes it easy for me to show my loyalty to NASCAR.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

PHLBOS

It's worth noting that some service area stations along the Garden State Parkway are not Sunoco stations.

Exxon & Shell stations just off GSP southbound, Colonia South Service Area; just north of Exit 132 (NJ 27)
GPS does NOT equal GOD

NJRoadfan

The stations at Colonia are not directly contracted by the Turnpike Authority as they were built pre-toll road. They set their own prices as well. See note below:

http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/fuel-prices.html

cpzilliacus

Quote from: 02 Park Ave on November 10, 2016, 09:40:31 PM
The Indiana Toll Road is in the process of rebuilding their travel plazas.  Upon the completion of the project, all fuel services at them will be provided by SUNOCO.  As SUNOCO is the only fuel provider on the New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Ohio Turnpikes, this means that anyone motoring, via the turnpikes, from New York to Chicago would be fueled exclusively with SUNOCO products.

Sunoco is the only fuel available at the three service plazas on the JFK Highway/Delaware Turnpike section of I-95 in Maryland and Delaware, though because these are not ticket toll roads, it is easy enough to exit and re-enter, if a driver does not want to patronize Sunoco. 

Other states toll road service plaza are not always  Sunoco either.  MassPike has Gulf; the Maine Turnpike has Citgo; the service plazas on the Connecticut Turnpike (detolled since the 1980's) are Mobil; and the tollways of Illinois are also Mobil.

EDIT: Almost forgot - the service plazas on the Kansas Turnpike (at least the I-70 portion, the only part I have driven) are Philips 66.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: epzik8 on November 11, 2016, 08:55:42 AM
I'm a NASCAR fan and Sunoco is NASCAR's fuel provider, and I sometimes do some driving on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. So that makes it easy for me to show my loyalty to NASCAR.

On a trip a few years back, we were filling up at Sunoco on the PA Turnpike when I saw a promo: 3 fillups of 8 gallons or more and you got 2 free tix to the Dover Downs NASCAR race. Being we were on a roadtrip, that was incredibly easy to accomplish in just a matter of hours! My wife was never at a race so it was a great time for her to experience it free. As it was...it was a boring race. No crashes! The tailgating was way better! Lol

WNYroadgeek

hbelkins

Interesting observation: the service areas on the Indiana Toll Road between Elkhart and Mishawaka have different prices for the eastbound and westbound sides. One's $1.999; the one directly across from it is $2.039

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Pink Jazz

The service plazas on Florida's Turnpike have been Shell since 2009. They were previously Citgo prior to 2009.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.