Second Chance to See the Piano Man in Concert on 4/19

Started by Henry, April 16, 2024, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

On Sunday, CBS had its Heidi moment when it switched from Billy Joel's 100th show at Madison Square Garden to the local news because of its late start that resulted from the Masters going overtime. But fear not, you will get to see the full concert on Friday night, per this notice that should be of comfort to his fans. (Same goes for those who missed it the first time, too.)
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

TheHighwayMan3561

CBS screwed up but I think the comparisons to Heidi are weird. This wasn't even a live broadcast of the concert to begin with, which was taped about two weeks prior to the CBS airing. CBS obviously wanted to pass it off as a live event which I think is part of why there has been this much backlash. There are also plenty of alternative ways (both free and paid) to see what was missed, but good on CBS for making it right with a re-air.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

roadman65

Yeah I saw something about it on social media. People bringing political propaganda into it until some pointed out who Billy Joel didn't support in one of the previous elections.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

1995hoo

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know it was on, so I've set the DVR. We've seen him play live in person several times now. I might wish he would vary the setlists a bit more, but he still does a good show.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.