News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Concurrency Routes

Started by Amaury, October 04, 2022, 01:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

achilles765

Texas is generally pretty good about signing concurrencies:: case in point-the US 69/US 96/US 287 triplex in and around Beaumont, or any of the I-10/US 90 multiplexes. Or the I-410/TX 16/TX 130 in San Antonio.

One notable exception is the complete lack of any acknowledgment that I-10 and US 90 are concurrent through Houston from the east loop until far west Katy. For some reason, there are no signs that you're also on US 90.  It's odd because in San Antonio, I-10 and US 90, and I-10 and US 87; as well as I-37 and US 281 are all very well signed, as are the numerous other concurrent routes in the San Antonio region. Even in Houston, I-69 and US 59 are signed concurrent, but then again the I-69 designation is new.
Oddly enough many of the signs actually are signed US 59/I-69
I love freeways and roads in any state but Texas will always be first in my heart

wanderer2575

I-80 and I-90 are concurrent when entering OH from IN, so the milemarkers correspond to both.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

LilianaUwU

I couldn't find the thread about wrong way concurrencies, so I'm posting it here. QC 122 has a very short wrong way concurrency with QC 224, lasting only 300 feet:

QC 122 EB at QC 224 - 1 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr

QC 122 EB at QC 224 - 2 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr

(The concurrency on Google Maps)
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Bitmapped

WV normally uses the lowest-number highest-ranked route for inventory purposes, but there are a couple exceptions:
- During their multiplex, I-77 is considered the primary route over I-64.
- US 48 is never the inventory route when it is running concurrent with another US route, even though Corridor-style mile markers are present for Corridor H (US 48) throughout. This is the case for the US 33 concurrency between Weston and Elkins, which makes sense since US 33 is the lower number. When US 33 leaves, US 48 is very briefly the inventory route because it is not concurrent with anything else. Once US 219 rejoins at the other side of the interchange, US 219 becomes the inventory route despite its higher number. Here, US 33 and US 219 long predate the US 48 designation so DOH probably didn't bother redoing the inventory once US 48 came along.

kirbykart

Quote from: LilianaUwU on December 04, 2022, 09:13:13 AM
I couldn't find the thread about wrong way concurrencies, so I'm posting it here. QC 122 has a very short wrong way concurrency with QC 224, lasting only 300 feet:

images removed

(The concurrency on Google Maps)

Here's the thread. You may have had trouble finding it because it's in Traffic Control, not General Highway Talk.

roadfro

Quote from: gonealookin on October 04, 2022, 11:48:14 PM
Quote from: Quillz on October 04, 2022, 03:28:32 AM
I've generally seen lower numbers get priority. But it's by no means a consistent rule.

Nevada follows this rule consistently, along with the Interstate > US route rule.

US 6 is mileposted all the way across the state.

US 50 is mileposted except for its concurrency with I-580 in Carson City and with US 6 east of Ely.

US 93 is mileposted except for its concurrencies with interstates in Clark County, with US 6 and 50 east of Ely and with US 50 in Ely.

Et cetera.  US 95 is arguably the most significant US route in the state but it has several milepost gaps.

There is one semi-historical exception to this: The US 93/US 95 concurrency between Boulder City and downtown Las Vegas. Although there have not been too many actual mileposts present in the field as long as I can remember, what's there have always followed the US 95 mileposting instead of US 93–all the current freeway exit numbers match with US 95 county mileposts. I'm guessing the thinking was US 95 being the through route at the Spaghetti Bowl (and I believe, but cannot confirm, that US 93 mileposts were retained on the old Boulder Highway route while the freeway was gradually constructed).

When I-515 was added along the US 93/95 overlap circa 1994-95, none of the existing mileposts or exit numbers along 93/95 overlap were changed in the field–although administratively, NDOT cataloged the route as I-515. It was only recently when the southern portion of I-515 was renumbered to I-11 (after the Boulder City Bypass opened) that the corresponding exit numbers were changed to reflect interstate mileposts instead of the US 95 mileposts–although I'm not sure if that segment actually got new mileposts installed or not. With the recent AASHTO approval to extend I-11 north through Vegas to SR 157, I expect at least the rest of what is currently I-515 to be renumbered to have exit numbers match I-11 within the next year or two.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.