News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

SIGNS FOR SALE OR TRADE

Started by ctsignguy, March 01, 2009, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMattFromTexas

ive seen some signs that say Texas only on access roads though

Alps

Who just called CT a sometimes on the neutering?  CT NEVER NEUTERS!

ctsignguy

The only neutered CT I-shields i ever saw were those used in and around construction zones...made by private contractors.

all STC-issued I-shields are still proudly emblazoned with 'CONNECTICUT'
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Alps

Here's a neutering that pisses me off - COUNTY SHIELDS in NJ.  Those should be inviolate!

Alex

CMHroads

I've looked on ebay but can find any state route signs from Ohio.  I actually have an OH-151 sign, but I would love an OH-7 sign.  I grew up in Steubenville which 7 goes through.  In that same way, I would love a US 22 sign.  Others I would like are NC-12, I-64, I-68, I-70.

Never seen any of those on ebay.  Anyone have any of these?

Ian

Here is a list of more signs that I could use:

-A Massachusetts Turnpike shield
-A New Jersey Turnpike shield
-Any New Hampshire shield
-A US 1 Maine shield
-A US 201 Maine shield
-Any Rhode Island shield
-A US 1 Rhode Island shield
-I'd also like to get one of those MA green signs like these: http://picasaweb.google.com/Iansignal/MassachusettsTrafficSignalsAndRoadSigns#5322895128721592370
-An I-87 shield
-A US 9W shield
-Any interstate shield from DC
-An I-97 shield
-A US 301 shield
-Any Connecticut route shield
-A Merritt Parkway shield
-A CT state named interstate shield
-Any VT interstate or state highway shield

EDIT: added a few more shields to the list

Thats it for now! Im such a sign freak  :cool:
-i
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

ctsignguy

CMHRoads

I have these in my personal inventory...

and a neutered US shield

You did miss an old embossed Ohio 17 on ebay that i stole for only 90....therwe is an embossed Ohio 96 up now, but the opening bid is $500 (no takers so far)

Keep looking for square Ohios on eBay...they are not common, but aside from one exception, can usually be had fairly cheaply

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

bugo

Quote from: PennDOTFan on March 09, 2009, 07:49:34 PM
I'd also like to see if anyone has any New York route markers (US, interstate, and state markers).

I have a steel NY 17 marker. It's not really for sale, but I might part with it for the right price.

Any NY experts have any idea how old it is?  I've never even been to NY.

Ian

I dont think it is too old. If it were old enough, it would have NY written on the top. That is a NICE sign BTW. I'd like to make a deal if you are gonna part with it  ;-).
Youtube l Flickr

CMHroads

^^^Nice ones!  Look to be in good shape too!

Alex

QuoteHere is a list of more signs that I could use:

-A New Jersey Turnpike shield

I know that you want a sign that was posted in the field, but Garden State Highway Products supplies signs for NJ roads, and you can at least buy a mint shield for $50. I bought a Garden State Parkway trailblazer from them last year (which looks great), and they likely sell NJ Turnpike trailblazers too. Contact Joe Mac at their web site if you are interested.

Ian

Yea, I've ordered from them before. I have a 24"x24" New York Thruway shield from them. I also got a tour of the place  :-P!! Though I still would like a used Thruway shield  :sombrero:.
Youtube l Flickr

Alex

Oh yes, you did mention that before  :banghead:

Voyager

A US 97 shield from CA would be nice to have.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

ComputerGuy

I would like an older PSH 1 shield or a Washington US 99 shield.

Ian

Anyone know where I could may be get a Quebec autoroute shield? Those shields look really neat.

-i
Youtube l Flickr

ctsignguy

My original wishlist: remove Washington from Interstate, US and State shields, as well as Louisiana from the Interstates....a couple of recent pickups, plus two confirmed acquisitions when i return from my vacation

ComputerGuy

Which shields did you get from Washington, ctsignguy? I'd like to know...

Ian

ctsignguy,

Did you get my private message?

-i
Youtube l Flickr

ctsignguy

ComputerGuy > Picked up a Washington US 101 cutout yesterday along with a LA I-12......future pickups will include Washington I-5 and Wash 530 shields

PennDOTFan > Yes, i got your PM....let me answer that for you when i get back from my East Coast trip....at that point, i will be better able to answer your queries with proper information rather than guesses...

ComputerGuy

I-5 and SR 530...two in my area!

Can't wait to see pics!

ctsignguy

i'll give you a sneak peek now.....   :)

ComputerGuy

Wow...that is beat up...here's a graphic version of that shield (Based on Wikipedia counterpart):

Where did you get it?

US71

My wish list is for a 30's-style cut-out for US 71 plus AR 45 or 68... possibly a MO 13 or 37. Also a 50's cut-out of an AR or MO shield.

I have a 4 ft long yellow/black hazard (stripe) sign I'm willing to sell if anyone is interested.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.