News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Highways serving same-name locales

Started by golden eagle, December 20, 2015, 05:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Nature Boy

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on December 23, 2015, 11:20:10 PM
Quote from: 1 on December 23, 2015, 07:33:45 PM
Quote from: jp the roadgeek on December 23, 2015, 07:27:46 PM
I-95: Richmond, VA and Richmond, RI.  Also Greenwich, CT and West Greenwich, RI. Clinton and Fairfield, CT and ME.  Newport, DE and ME.

Do any of those pairs also apply to US 1?

Greenwich and EAST Greenwich. Otherwise, US 1 is far away from I-95 and even misses Delaware altogether.

I wouldn't say that US 1 is "far away" from I-95 until south of Richmond when it goes in-land and I-95 stays a little closer to the coast. Even I-95 itself barely goes through Delaware.

Walleye2013

I-90 goes through Erie County Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York. It also goes through both Angola, Indiana, and New York (equidistant from Cleveland)

jdb1234

US 29 goes through Escambia County, AL and Escambia County, FL

KEVIN_224

But then one can say US Route 1 passes through Middlesex County, MA, CT and NJ. In the MA case, it's only the small portion of it when you're in Malden.

dirtroad66

Until recently US441 started in Lake City Tn. now Rocky Top and Lake city Fl

Bickendan

Quote from: TEG24601 on December 21, 2015, 05:55:16 PM
Vancouver, BC and Vancouver, WA - Both served by the same roadway, just with Different names, I-5/BC 99. 
Bonus points that US 99 and BC 99, effectively the same highway, also went through both Vancouvers.

slorydn1

US-1: Richmond County NC (Rockingham) and City of Richmond VA.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

sandwalk

Quote from: thenetwork on December 20, 2015, 09:52:07 PM
Both the Eastern & Western Segments of I-76 have exits for Akron, OH and Akron, CO, accordingly.

And I-80 also passes not too far south of both Toledo OH and Toledo, IA.

Also, US 20 passes through Toledo, OH and Toledo, OR.

CNGL-Leudimin

Too bad they can't make it across the pond to serve Toledo, Spain.

US 40 passes near California, PA, and used to run all the way to California.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Super Mateo

US 20:  LaGrange, IL & IN
US 150: Danville, IL & KY

The Nature Boy

Quote from: slorydn1 on December 31, 2015, 02:46:35 AM
US-1: Richmond County NC (Rockingham) and City of Richmond VA.

Some more US 1:

Rockingham County, New Hampshire and Rockingham, North Carolina
Columbia, Maine and Columbia, South Carolina
Camden, Maine and Camden, South Carolina

And this is a close one but US 1 passes through Sanford, NC and comes VERY close to Sanford, Maine.

sandwalk

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

theline

I-80 & I-90 serve both Fremont OH and IN.
I-80 serves Portage County OH and Portage IN.

Zzonkmiles

I-77 serves Charleston, WV and has the control city of Charleston, SC south of Columbia (via I-26).

Greybear

I-40 through Knoxville, AR and Knoxville, TN

roadman

Quote from: briantroutman on December 20, 2015, 06:34:02 PM
Though it’s not a continuous route, I always got a chuckle out of this sign on US 222 at the PA Turnpike that reads “I-76/PA TPK - Denver”.
That's also a candidate for 'Department of Redundancy Department' - with both the PA Turnpike shield and PA Turnpike legend.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

theline

noelbotevera

theline

I mean Michigan, Noel. I don't think there is a Niles, IN.

Niles, MI is just over the state line from South Bend, IN. I-80 on the Indiana Toll Road (concurrent with I-90) serves Niles. Here's a sign on the ITR near exit 77: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.722335,-86.2727372,3a,75y,90h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFgvs-jpQL-Zk_hgg4hNkRA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

bdmoss88

Quote from: mvak36 on December 21, 2015, 11:32:51 AM
Sort of close, but not exactly:

I-22. Fultondale, AL and Fulton, MS
If that counts then I can get:
US82 - Gordo, AL and Alamogordo, NM  ;)

mvak36

Quote from: bdmoss88 on January 07, 2016, 10:05:06 AM
Quote from: mvak36 on December 21, 2015, 11:32:51 AM
Sort of close, but not exactly:

I-22. Fultondale, AL and Fulton, MS
If that counts then I can get:
US82 - Gordo, AL and Alamogordo, NM  ;)

Lol, I don't even think mine counts.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

JCinSummerfield

Quote from: theline on January 06, 2016, 05:58:02 PM
I mean Michigan, Noel. I don't think there is a Niles, IN.

Niles, MI is just over the state line from South Bend, IN. I-80 on the Indiana Toll Road (concurrent with I-90) serves Niles. Here's a sign on the ITR near exit 77: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.722335,-86.2727372,3a,75y,90h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFgvs-jpQL-Zk_hgg4hNkRA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I didn't know that sign even existed!  Interesting they didn't include a state since it's not in Indiana.  Probably because I-80/90 run so close to the Michigan border that you can almost spit it them in some locations.

NWI_Irish96

Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

lepidopteran

I-75 in Covington, KY already has Dayton, OH listed on the pull-through signs.  Yet it's only a few miles from Dayton, KY.  (I thought I once saw a BGS listing the Kentucky city by that name in the SB direction, but I'm not sure.  NB, of course, would only cause confusion.)  Also, many miles south of there, I-75 has an exit serving Dayton, TN, best known for the Scopes Monkey Trial.

Also, I-75 has an exit for Covington, OH.

I-70 has an exit for Baltimore, OH, just east of Columbus.  The same highway begins/ends in Baltimore, MD, technically at the city limits, I think, due to its truncation (and might even be further away eventually, if the local-traffic section inside the beltway is ever downgraded.)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.