News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What route is the current Progressive Insurance Commercial?

Started by roadman65, February 23, 2021, 11:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Just saw an ad on TV for Progressive insurance. It was somewhere along the Rocky Pacific Coastline. Does anyone know the location?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

OCGuy81

Not sure about that one.

The one my inner roadgeek really notices is where the guy is twirling a sign and a lady asks him for directions to I-70.

In the background is a sign with a NY highway marker (NY 100)

Ummm you're a long way off, lady. I-70 goes nowhere near NY.

jeffandnicole

The subtle humor used on those commercials seems to hint that asking for I-70 while in NY may have been intentional, which they knew few will get.

Scott5114

Quote from: OCGuy81 on February 23, 2021, 11:51:25 PM
Not sure about that one.

The one my inner roadgeek really notices is where the guy is twirling a sign and a lady asks him for directions to I-70.

I complained about this one and my wife rolled her eyes at me, haha.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

OCGuy81

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 24, 2021, 12:35:26 PM
Not sure about that one.

I complained about this one and my wife rolled her eyes at me, haha.

My wife did the exact same! 😂😂

PurdueBill

The current one with the sign spinner's dad showing up and talking to him and the guy with the sandwich-board style sign makes no pretense of its location: https://goo.gl/maps/MWqPNmTyVPc1qwWu9
The actual storefronts are the same and everything. 
(My favorite part of the street view is the NO LARGE TRUCK PARKING ALLOWED IN PARKING LOT sign right in front of a truck.)
There are so many different ads for them, it is hard to keep track.

vdeane

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

SkyPesos

I know some people that thinks the I-76/81/78 combination east of Breezewood is all part of I-70 to NYC. I can see why they would think that; 70 and 78 is the main routing from midwest cities like Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis and St Louis to NYC. The combined corridor looks like a subtle SW-NE line on a map too. But even then, I-78 barely enters the state of NY.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.