Regional Boards > Mid-South

TX-45 / TX-130

(1/3) > >>

Chris:

If we look at the exit list of the Austin Toll Roads TX-130 and TX-45 (they run concurrent for a significant distance), you'll see exit numbers in the 400 range.

Is there any reason for such high exit numbers? Both roads are nowhere near 400 miles long.

Sykotyk:
Just a guess, but they probably plan on extending the road further, so aren't quite sure at what mile-marker that part of the road will be. Give it ridiculously high exit numbers and if you renumber they won't be close to the originals to confuse people  :sombrero:

Sykotyk

Chris:
Someone made a video of this toll road... notice there isn't a damn car on the tollway. It's in the second half. I guess the words "texas" and "tolls" do not belong in the same sentence.  :-D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN7MY3k4VjI

Revive 755:
I think TX 130 was eventually intended to be part of the I-35 Trans Texas corridor.  That said, the photo doesn't show enough space under the overpass for any future truck lanes or six railroad tracks in the median.

Sykotyk:
The problem with the toll is it's too expensive (especially for trucks), so you'll continue to have horrible traffic through I-35 in Austin.

Make it free for trucks, and you'll suddenly have no trucks going on I-35 and solve two problems. But, that's the problem with toll roads as opposed to free roads.

Sykotyk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version