Regional Boards > Mid-South

Houston: Westpark Tollway

<< < (2/7) > >>

MaxConcrete:

--- Quote from: Marc on February 07, 2016, 11:14:47 PM ---Oh lord yes. They need to look into widening Grand Parkway through Cinco Ranch too.

--- End quote ---

At the meeting of the Fort Bend County Toll road Authority, it was mentioned that this year TxDOT is expected to provide a schematic for the widening of the Grand Parkway to 6 lanes between the Westpark Tollway and I-10. There was no mention of when it may actually be built.

I monitor Houston Transtar twice daily, and I've noticed that the section of the Grand Parkway from the Westpark Tollway to I-10 is frequently yellow or orange (indicating slow conditions). But it is not yet reaching red.

codyg1985:
When was the segment of the Grand Parkway between I-10 and the Westpark Tollway built?

DNAguy:

--- Quote from: codyg1985 on February 08, 2016, 10:10:37 AM ---When was the segment of the Grand Parkway between I-10 and the Westpark Tollway built?

--- End quote ---

Early 90's?

Like ~ 1994 or 1993 maybe?

Chris:
It opened in 1994 according to the Houston Freeways book. Google Earth historical imagery reveals that at that time (1995) only three interchanges were built, the rest only had frontage roads north of Cinco Ranch Boulevard. The main lanes weren't built until 2005, and they ended just south of the Katy Freeway. The interchange with the Katy Freeway was a frontage road intersection until the first direct connectors were built in 2012 and the other six in 2014. The Grand Parkway main lanes over the Westpark Tollway also weren't constructed until 2014.

So there wasn't a full freeway link from the Westpark Tollway to the Katy Freeway until 2014. Even today the interchange with the Westpark Tollway has only one direct connector, all other movements have to use the frontage roads.

MaxConcrete:
Groundbreaking
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcFiYRwUAAAcUVr.jpg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version