Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Delaware

<< < (498/506) > >>

Dough4872:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on December 05, 2023, 03:27:06 AM ---I noticed that Thompson Road in Milford didn’t exist prior to the interchange on DE 1 opened in circa 2017. Older imagery prior to 2016 shows no former intersection at that location that the interchange replaced.

Is Thompson Road one of those development enhancements that either Sussex County or Milford built to encourage economic growth?

--- End quote ---

I don’t recall a Thompson Road in Milford. Are you referring to Thompsonville Road? That road previously headed east from DE 1 at an intersection before the interchange was built. When the interchange was built, a connector road was built from the interchange west to Church Hill Road.

74/171FAN:
(Also for US 202)  TRAFFIC ALERT - New Castle County - Rolling Roadblocks on SB I-95 at Route 202

roadman65:

--- Quote from: Dough4872 on December 06, 2023, 08:38:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: roadman65 on December 05, 2023, 03:27:06 AM ---I noticed that Thompson Road in Milford didn’t exist prior to the interchange on DE 1 opened in circa 2017. Older imagery prior to 2016 shows no former intersection at that location that the interchange replaced.

Is Thompson Road one of those development enhancements that either Sussex County or Milford built to encourage economic growth?

--- End quote ---

I don’t recall a Thompson Road in Milford. Are you referring to Thompsonville Road? That road previously headed east from DE 1 at an intersection before the interchange was built. When the interchange was built, a connector road was built from the interchange west to Church Hill Road.

--- End quote ---

Yeah that what I set out to type. Either I made an error or autocorrect changed my name.  I’ll have to check GSV previous older images, but I recall seeing no intersection there.

Dough4872:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on December 06, 2023, 04:29:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dough4872 on December 06, 2023, 08:38:01 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yeah that what I set out to type. Either I made an error or autocorrect changed my name.  I’ll have to check GSV previous older images, but I recall seeing no intersection there.

--- End quote ---

DE 1 had a traffic light with Thompsonville Road, which headed east from DE 1, prior to the interchange being built.

ixnay:

--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 02, 2023, 08:05:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: ixnay on December 01, 2023, 09:04:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dough4872 on November 26, 2023, 11:46:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on November 25, 2023, 09:00:25 PM ---This new interchange will be the first interchange along US 113 in the state of Delaware, save for the one at its northern terminus with DE 1. 113 used to continue up DE 1 to end at US 13 in Dover, but was truncated in 2004.

--- End quote ---

Construction should begin next year on an interchange between US 113 and DE 18/DE 404 in Georgetown. There are also plans to build an interchange at US 113 and DE 16 in Ellendale.

--- End quote ---

A Hardee's on the site of the project has closed its doors, apparently forever, without waiting for condemnation.

https://www.wrde.com/news/business-closes-due-to-georgetown-overpass-construction/article_df20650a-8d95-11ee-892a-df9af3a695bc.html

--- End quote ---

Per the article the land was acquired by the State. So the condemnation process has already taken place, the property sold and it's no longer their building.

--- End quote ---

The neighborhood Arby's is history too, now.

https://www.wboc.com/news/georgetown-faces-temporary-disruptions-as-u-s-113-improvement-project-progresses/article_298bb51a-9a19-11ee-ac5b-b7f6674ab832.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version