Regional Boards > Southeast

South Carolina

<< < (135/141) > >>

ran4sh:

--- Quote from: 74/171FAN on October 18, 2023, 05:55:03 PM ---A Facebook friend of mine visited the Bucee's in Florence, and I noticed a new cantilever structure being put up on the I-95 SB ramp to SC 327, but I was unable to see what the new signage there stated.

--- End quote ---

When I was there in August (the month after that GSV) apparently that sign structure has been completed. It simply indicates the lane assignments for the lanes on the off-ramp. Left lane: "North Williston Road - SOUTH / To S.C.327 [in text, not a shield]" Center lane: "North Williston Road - NORTH / To E. Pocket Rd" Right lane: "Drs. Bruce and Lee Foundation Boulevard" with a black on yellow "ONLY" arrow . (The right lane is separated and leads directly toward the Bucee's driveway. The left and center lanes turn left and right respectively, at the end of the off-ramp)

PColumbus73:

--- Quote from: ran4sh on November 03, 2023, 01:18:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: 74/171FAN on October 18, 2023, 05:55:03 PM ---A Facebook friend of mine visited the Bucee's in Florence, and I noticed a new cantilever structure being put up on the I-95 SB ramp to SC 327, but I was unable to see what the new signage there stated.

--- End quote ---

When I was there in August (the month after that GSV) apparently that sign structure has been completed. It simply indicates the lane assignments for the lanes on the off-ramp. Left lane: "North Williston Road - SOUTH / To S.C.327 [in text, not a shield]" Center lane: "North Williston Road - NORTH / To E. Pocket Rd" Right lane: "Drs. Bruce and Lee Foundation Boulevard" with a black on yellow "ONLY" arrow . (The right lane is separated and leads directly toward the Bucee's driveway. The left and center lanes turn left and right respectively, at the end of the off-ramp)

--- End quote ---

It irritates me somewhat that a more concise street name wasn't used, "Drs. Bruce and Lee Foundation Blvd" is a lot of text to put on a sign.

ccurley100:
Is there any reason why I-85 is still only 60 or 65mph between Greenville and the Georgia state line other than a revenue generator from speeding tickets?

sprjus4:

--- Quote from: ccurley100 on December 18, 2023, 07:50:02 AM ---Is there any reason why I-85 is still only 60 or 65mph between Greenville and the Georgia state line other than a revenue generator from speeding tickets?

--- End quote ---
The 65 mph isn’t as irritating, IMO, compared to the long and tedious 60 mph segment between Greenville and Spartanburg.

But I do agree that the entire corridor in South Carolina should be posted at 70 mph.

US 89:
How harshly are those limits enforced? Every time I've been on those sections of 85 (which is to say maybe 3-4), general traffic speed has been something in the neighborhood of 70-75 with no sign of any sort of police enforcement.

Georgia's 70 mph speed limit may be higher, but some of those smaller towns between Atlanta and the SC line will jump at the chance to make a buck off an unsuspecting traveler. Braselton in particular has an aggressive speed trap I've seen in action multiple times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version