Regional Boards > Great Lakes and Ohio Valley

Minnesota Notes

<< < (366/372) > >>

TheHighwayMan394:
I've heard suggesitons the city planted those on their own. Are they actually still standing? I had seen photos but I didn't see any the last time I was in Caledonia when I looked for them.

flan:
Yep, that picture was from yesterday. I didn't remember seeing them when I drove through about three years ago.

froggie:
The only business routes that are on the state highway system are Brainerd and East Grand Forks.  All others (including Willmar*) are purely local endeavors.

* A small part of the north end of the Willmar business route is technically on MnDOT’s system, but it’s officially part of now-unsigned MN 294.

TheHighwayMan394:
Fiurther investigation raises even more questions for me - those BUS 44 signs *look* quite old, but only went up sometime after 2012. I can't find exactly what year the 44/76 "bypass" opened;  it was at minimum prior to 1980.

WisJohn:

--- Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 29, 2023, 11:45:05 PM ---Fiurther investigation raises even more questions for me - those BUS 44 signs *look* quite old, but only went up sometime after 2012. I can't find exactly what year the 44/76 "bypass" opened;  it was at minimum prior to 1980.

--- End quote ---

It was before 1952, per Historic Aerials.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version