News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Chevron in Las Vegas is Standard

Started by roadman65, March 18, 2024, 09:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

https://maps.app.goo.gl/bm9XLcBwC22XVTgv5
I thought Chevron is now nationwide. The Standard names were abolished in all the fuel companies throughout the US?

https://maps.app.goo.gl/SHQNqZ9kmm34RQke8  Yet the one on Russell Road is Chevron.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

ErmineNotyours

Chevron maintains one Standard station in each state of their old territory to maintain the trademark.  I was surprised when I saw the Bellevue, Washington Standard station through the window of a Denny's I was eating at.

citrus

@Max I live in SF yet you've been by the Standard station more recently than me. It's existence is a great bit of trivia and it leaves me wondering where they are in other states.

My window is decently visible in your flickr album. Being next to the Central Freeway I expect no less.

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Scott5114

Chevron in Las Vegas is not just Standard, it's also Terrible.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Rothman

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 19, 2024, 02:08:49 AM
Which gas station in Vegas is your favorite, then?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

-- US 175 --

There used to be a Standard Chevron in Fort Worth, but now it's a 7-Eleven.  I'm not sure where another Standard would be in TX.

Scott5114

Quote from: Rothman on March 19, 2024, 06:46:52 AM
Which gas station in Vegas is your favorite, then?

There's a Rebel station not too far from my apartment that has pretty decent prices, so that's where I've been filling up.

(But if you didn't get the joke, look at the convenience store at that Standard station.)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

JayhawkCO

Consistently $0.75-$0.80 more expensive than every other station in Vegas. I don't understand why people go there.

kphoger

Quote from: -- US 175 -- on March 19, 2024, 06:51:51 AM
There used to be a Standard Chevron in Fort Worth, but now it's a 7-Eleven.  I'm not sure where another Standard would be in TX.

Midland
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Henry

I distinctly remember from my childhood the Standard name plastered on the Amoco signs. That being said, it feels weird to have that name on the Chevron ones too.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

-- US 175 --

Quote from: kphoger on March 19, 2024, 11:12:35 AM
Quote from: -- US 175 -- on March 19, 2024, 06:51:51 AM

Midland

Oh yeah, now I remember this GSV was posted some time ago.

bing101

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Successors_of_Standard_Oil

Chevron was formed as a result of the breakup of a bigger name called Standard Oil. These former divisions of Standard became the competitors of Chevron. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevron_Corporation

Road Hog

The Chevrons around me all seem to have higher prices than other filling stations. All I got.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.