News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Maps for sale/giveaway?

Started by DTComposer, January 21, 2019, 10:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTComposer

If this is bad forum form I apologize (I poked around and couldn't find anything about it on the guidelines).

I'm thinning out my map collection and put a handful up on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/382741742807

To be honest, if anyone here wants them, I'd be glad to give them to you for the cost of mailing.

kphoger

The only thing that comes close is this:

Advertising commercial products or web sites, unless they are related to a forum's main topic. Discretion should apply.

Advertising a give-away isn't necessarily commercial, but advertising a sale could be.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

inkyatari

I can't access half of ebay at work for some dumb reason.  What World's Fair maps do you have?
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

DTComposer

It's the 1964/1965 New York one (I think it's pretty common, but it's in great shape). Here's the description of the three maps on the listing:

- Official Souvenir Map from 1964/1965 New York World's Fair. Excellent shape. Cover has minor wear on edges, map is flawless.
- This Week Magazine See America Travel Guide booklet, listing state/national parks, monuments, etc. 32 pages. Excellent shape. 1959.
- Fold-out U.S. wall map to accompany This Week guide. 52"x34". Excellent shape except one tear along fold, easily mend-able. 1959.

inkyatari

Quote from: DTComposer on January 23, 2019, 12:52:41 PM
It's the 1964/1965 New York one (I think it's pretty common, but it's in great shape). Here's the description of the three maps on the listing:

- Official Souvenir Map from 1964/1965 New York World's Fair. Excellent shape. Cover has minor wear on edges, map is flawless.
- This Week Magazine See America Travel Guide booklet, listing state/national parks, monuments, etc. 32 pages. Excellent shape. 1959.
- Fold-out U.S. wall map to accompany This Week guide. 52"x34". Excellent shape except one tear along fold, easily mend-able. 1959.

Color me interested.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

lepidopteran

I got some maps I wanna get rid of as well.

One rare gem is a 1964 Rand McNally road atlas.  Neat to see where the Interstate Highways were at the time -- it even lists part of US-27 in Michigan as "Temporary" I-75.

kevinb1994

Quote from: lepidopteran on January 23, 2019, 06:15:12 PM
I got some maps I wanna get rid of as well.

One rare gem is a 1964 Rand McNally road atlas.  Neat to see where the Interstate Highways were at the time -- it even lists part of US-27 in Michigan as "Temporary" I-75.

Soon to become permanent...

DTComposer

Quote from: inkyatari on January 23, 2019, 03:05:40 PM
Quote from: DTComposer on January 23, 2019, 12:52:41 PM

Color me interested.

Done! I've taken it off eBay - PM me your address and I'll put them in the mail. Thanks!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.