News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Illinois notes

Started by mgk920, September 12, 2012, 02:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprjus4

^ Well obviously who cares about your experience? Obviously you're just lying or it's not important. All that matters is the good roads that do exist in some areas, which automatically makes the whole state good. Just ignore the bad ones.

This is his logic.

hobsini2

Quote from: sprjus4 on January 03, 2023, 10:20:59 AM
^ Well obviously who cares about your experience?
The Ghost of William F Buckley! That's who. :)
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Crash_It

Quote from: hobsini2 on January 03, 2023, 09:49:43 AM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on January 02, 2023, 12:11:58 AM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on January 01, 2023, 03:07:40 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on January 01, 2023, 01:47:22 PM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on January 01, 2023, 01:45:46 PM
It was not appropriate. And the IDOT / WIDOT comparisons are irrelevant.

It was perfectly relevant.. why chastise a DOT in another state while the DOT in your own state isn't handling what should be handled?

Are you seriously suggesting that no one can be critical of IDOT unless they are from Illinois? In a topic called "Illinois notes?"

Nah, he's called out Illinois posters who have critiqued the roads accusing them of not knowing what they're talking about or having a hatred of their own state.
Yup. I remember in the Summer of 2021, having to drive out to Freeport on US 20 and saying in here how bad the road was in Stephenson County with the paving. And who was it that critiqued my experience? You guessed it. Crash It. But that's not why you called.

Because I drove that similar stretch around that time and didn't encounter any bad pavement. I even have a video of it that I've yet to produce.

kphoger

Quote from: Crash_It on January 01, 2023, 01:22:27 PM
So you don't think that calling IDOT IDiOT for recognizing the founder of a state's largest city to be inappropriate?

People on here call IDOT "IDiOT" all the time, and they have for years.  It didn't start with that.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Hobart

^ Well obviously who cares about your experience? Obviously you're just lying or it's not important. All that matters is the good roads that do exist in some areas, which automatically makes the whole state good. Just ignore the bad ones.

This is his logic.

I wouldn't even go as far as to call his thought processes "logic" as they arbitrarily change based on what state we're talking about.

For example:
The Stadium Freeway (WIS-175) north of I-94 is quite smooth and moves well! Therefore, Wisconsin has fantastic roads! Just ignore the bad ones! (I don't have any examples of Wisconsin's bad roads off the top of my head because Wisconsin actually takes care of their roads.) Obviously, anybody who disagrees is lying with me, or their issue is not important!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

JoePCool14

As a general recommendation, just don't take the bait. It's not worth your time or frustration to argue with someone like this. I've written multiple lengthy posts to refute his arguments and I won't be writing any more.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

SEWIGuy

Quote from: Crash_It on January 03, 2023, 11:40:46 AM
I even have a video of it that I've yet to produce.

"The dog ate my homework."

Max Rockatansky

^^^

Don't give him more ideas to try to squeeze some more video views out of the forum.  Just a matter of time before the nominal bad driving videos appear again.

Quote from: JoePCool14 on January 03, 2023, 12:47:25 PM
As a general recommendation, just don't take the bait. It's not worth your time or frustration to argue with someone like this. I've written multiple lengthy posts to refute his arguments and I won't be writing any more.

More fun to make flat jokes.

Crash_It

Quote from: Hobart on January 03, 2023, 12:07:34 PM

This is his logic.

I wouldn't even go as far as to call his thought processes "logic" as they arbitrarily change based on what state we're talking about.

For example:
The Stadium Freeway (WIS-175) north of I-94 is quite smooth and moves well! Therefore, Wisconsin has fantastic roads! Just ignore the bad ones! (I don't have any examples of Wisconsin's bad roads off the top of my head because Wisconsin actually takes care of their roads.) Obviously, anybody who disagrees is lying with me, or their issue is not important!

I can name a few off the top of my head

WIS32 from state line to 91st then again from 75th to 60th St, then once again from 52nd St to Sheridan Rd then again after WIS 11 until it splits off in Racine. Gets bad again on the Northside of Caledonia

US12 through most of Walworth county
I894 through Milwaukee County
WIS81 west of Monroe

I could go on

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: JoePCool14 on January 03, 2023, 12:47:25 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself, so I didn't.

Crash_It

Brandon

Quote from: kphoger on January 03, 2023, 11:50:42 AM
So you don't think that calling IDOT IDiOT for recognizing the founder of a state's largest city to be inappropriate?

People on here call IDOT "IDiOT" all the time, and they have for years.  It didn't start with that.

It and a variation (IDOT can't even spell "idiot" properly) have been around as long as I can remember, and that's a good 40+ years.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

kphoger

Quote from: Crash_It on January 03, 2023, 07:39:08 PM

This is his logic.

For example:

WIS32 from state line to 91st then again from 75th to 60th St, then once again from 52nd St to Sheridan Rd then again after WIS 11 until it splits off in Racine. Gets bad again on the Northside of Caledonia

WIS81 west of Monroe

I could go on

But any examples of bad roads in Illinois should be disqualified for any of a variety of reasons?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Crash_It

Quote from: kphoger on January 03, 2023, 10:35:17 PM

This is his logic.

For example:

WIS81 west of Monroe

I could go on

But any examples of bad roads in Illinois should be disqualified for any of a variety of reasons?

Those are in the crosshairs for repair in the upcoming construction season. The one's I listed in Wisconsin are not or say "when/if finding becomes available" 😂😂

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on January 03, 2023, 10:35:17 PM

This is his logic.

For example:

WIS81 west of Monroe

I could go on

Yes, it really took you this long to get it?  You can't have problems in your narrative if you actively deny that negative aspects exist.  Now you can be part of the one true non-flat Illinois!

JoePCool14

Quote from: Brandon on January 03, 2023, 09:08:17 PM

It and a variation (IDOT can't even spell "idiot" properly) have been around as long as I can remember, and that's a good 40+ years.

I even know of IDOT employees who have made jokes referring to IDiOT by name.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: JoePCool14 on January 04, 2023, 09:22:17 AM
Quote from: Brandon on January 03, 2023, 09:08:17 PM

I even know of IDOT employees who have made jokes referring to IDiOT by name.

Traitors!  They should be loyal to their home state.

hobsini2

This is his logic.

For example:

WIS81 west of Monroe

I could go on
Crash It, you may want to check up on your "sources" before making a statement on what is being done. According to the WisDOT site, https://projects.511wi.gov/12walworth/, US 12 in Walworth County is being resurfaced.

I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Crash_It

Quote from: hobsini2 on January 04, 2023, 09:55:46 AM

This is his logic.

For example:

WIS81 west of Monroe

I could go on
Crash It, you may want to check up on your "sources" before making a statement on what is being done. According to the WisDOT site, https://projects.511wi.gov/12walworth/, US 12 in Walworth County is being resurfaced.

Well that's one, still plenty others that I've listed that aren't touched or scheduled to be touched.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on January 04, 2023, 02:25:34 PM

This is his logic.

For example:

WIS81 west of Monroe

I could go on

Well that doesn't matter because it doesn't agree with my hostile brand pro-Illinois agenda.

FIFY

sprjus4

This is his logic.

For example:

WIS81 west of Monroe

I could go on

Well that's one, still plenty others that I've listed that aren't touched or scheduled to be touched.
And yet you still refuse to look at Illinois bad examples given to you. It's funny. You're trying to push this narrative but instead nobody believes you and we all laugh at it.  :-D

Just a tip, when no one believes your message, you're doing a bad job spreading it.

hobsini2

This is his logic.

For example:

WIS81 west of Monroe

I could go on

Again, you are showing how lazy you are with not even looking. So let me give you actual sources. Here's the lists by region:
Southwest (inc Madison/Beloit/La Crosse/Portage/Tomah): https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/sw/default.aspx
Southeast (inc Milwaukee): https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/se/default.aspx
Northeast (inc Sheboygan/Green Bay/Oshkosh/Marinette): https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/ne/default.aspx
North Central (inc Wautoma/Wis Dells/Wausau/Rhinelander): https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/nc/default.aspx
Northwest (inc Eau Claire/Superior/Ashland/Black River Falls): https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/nw/default.aspx

Oh and 3 (along with the earlier US 12 I posted) of the 4 items you sited are here below:
I-894/43 Milwaukee Co - https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/se/894-43/default.aspx
Wis 32 Kenosha & Racine Co - https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/se/32alfordpark/default.aspx
Wis 32 Racine Co - https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/se/32caledonia/default.aspx

I think you need to quit before you really step into the shit, so deep that you'll be up to your neck in it.

hobsini2

BTW Crash It, you weren't specific with how far west of Monroe on 81 BUUUUUTTTT its there too in 3 different projects.
Darlington area: https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/sw/wis81-darlington/default.aspx
Grant Co & Cassville:  https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/sw/wis81-cassville/default.aspx &
https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/sw/wis81-grantcounty/default.aspx

So that's 4 for 4. You're done.

Trust me when I say to you that your credibility on THIS subject is shot.

sprjus4

His credibility on this forum in general is shot to nothing.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: sprjus4 on January 04, 2023, 06:59:48 PM
His credibility on this forum in general is shot to nothing.

There was a time when it wasn't?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.