News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Places you remember, but can't find

Started by webny99, March 16, 2022, 09:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

We went on a family trip in 1977 where I remember seeing a barn with the 1970s RC Cola logo painted on it. (This was in the "Me and my RC" era.) It was way up on a hill on the right side of the highway. I think we were heading south. I'm thinking this may have been on I-75 in southeastern Kentucky - maybe even Tennessee. But I don't remember ever seeing it again.

We actually went into Canada on a family trip in 1980. I remember a splash park for children that was in Ontario, somewhere between Niagara Falls and Toronto. I think World magazine had an article about this splash park, but nobody else remembers it.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bandit957

I remember on I-75 in Cincinnati, there was this building in Cincinnati with a huge Pepsi advertisement on it. Just a few years ago, I read that the lights on this sign in Cincinnati were so bright that the neighbors complained about being kept awake by it. The sign was on the left side on I-75 in Cincinnati as you were going north.

I know this sign was somewhere around the Camp Washington neighborhood in Cincinnati. But I've never been to pinpoint exactly where in Cincinnati, and the building may be gone now.

hotdogPi

Quote from: bandit957 on March 21, 2022, 09:44:04 AM
I remember on I-75 in Cincinnati, there was this building in Cincinnati with a huge Pepsi advertisement on it. Just a few years ago, I read that the lights on this sign in Cincinnati were so bright that the neighbors complained about being kept awake by it. The sign was on the left side on I-75 in Cincinnati as you were going north.

I know this sign was somewhere around the Camp Washington neighborhood in Cincinnati. But I've never been to pinpoint exactly where in Cincinnati, and the building may be gone now.

Many local businesses have Coke or Pepsi right next to their logo (I'm guessing they get a discount if they do); it might have been one of those.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

roadman65

I remember a town where we stayed on top of a hill at a Holiday Inn. At the bottom of the hill was a major highway that crossed at grade. Beyond the highway was a bridge across the Mississippi and the highway heading to the right became a limited access highway upon moving away from the river.

I asked my mom later what town was that and she said Dubuque, IA. However street view shows nothing that I remember.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bandit957

We went to Myrtle Beach in 1982, and I remember going to some amusement park there. But I've never been able to find where this amusement park was.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.