News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2024 Michigan City Road Meet

Started by Brandon, December 16, 2023, 09:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What dates would be best for the 2024 Michigan City Road Meet?

July 13, 2024
8 (57.1%)
July 20, 2024
8 (57.1%)
July 27, 2024
5 (35.7%)
August 3, 2024
7 (50%)
August 10, 2024
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: March 15, 2024, 10:22:59 AM

Brandon

Official announcement for the 2024 Michigan City, Indiana, road meet.  Please vote for your favored date.

This will include the short, walkable Indiana SR 520, the former US-35 and US-421 in town, the location of the original Michigan Welcome Center in New Buffalo, and more.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

A.J. Bertin

I'm going to try to attend this meet if I can.  :)  I voted for July 13 and July 20 which are the only dates that I'd be able to attend.
-A.J. from Michigan

Alps

Right now all open, right now my attendance is "possible"

Great Lakes Roads

I live in this area, so I might as well attend this road meet!

Brandon

Judging from the current poll results, it looks like July 13th and July 20th are in the lead, thus I'll choose one of those two dates.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

bandit957

The only way I might attend is if poo.

I attended the Chicago meet in 2022, and I went through Michigan City on a different trip just before that. I don't have the energy to travel as much anymore.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

jpi

Will keep this in mind, just depends on my schedule
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

A.J. Bertin

I originally voted for July 13 and July 20, but I now have another commitment on July 13... so the only way I'd be able to attend this meet is if it's on July 20 (which appears to be second place in the poll).  I hope I can make it, but I of course understand completely if the chosen date is a date I can't attend.
-A.J. from Michigan

NWI_Irish96

I don't generally plan my summer weekends that far in advance, but if I can make it, I will.

Perhaps we could include the new downtown South Shore station?
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Brandon

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on March 08, 2024, 07:42:41 AM
I don't generally plan my summer weekends that far in advance, but if I can make it, I will.

Perhaps we could include the new downtown South Shore station?

Yes.  I'll put it on the itinerary.

getemngo

Quote from: Alps on December 16, 2023, 06:37:01 PM
Right now all open, right now my attendance is "possible"

Right now all open, right now my attendance is "yes"
~ Sam from Michigan

Brandon

Looks like a coin flip between July 13 and July 20.  The 55th anniversary of the first lunar landing is my choice.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Brandon on March 18, 2024, 07:51:04 PM
Looks like a coin flip between July 13 and July 20.  The 55th anniversary of the first lunar landing is my choice.

WOO HOO!!!  I'll be there.  :)
-A.J. from Michigan

SSOWorld

Count me in. I'm planning day trip, but it is likely I will overnight Saturday as the drive is over 4 hours.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

jpi

For me it's 50/50, all depends on my potential "big move" that could take place later this summer
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.