AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Contributing Signs to AARoads  (Read 5776 times)

JoePCool14

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 09:54:48 PM
    • My TravelMapping stats
Contributing Signs to AARoads
« on: April 24, 2021, 10:13:14 PM »

I was looking through some old posts and I found this thread from 2017 here. I volunteered four years ago to help with making these. Is this still something that would be useful to the site? I'm looking for a valid excuse to make more signs.  :-P

Zeffy made an array of sign graphics used around the site. I am in need of some help to continue his work to replace my crude graphics at the bottom of our highway guides that link to the next page in order.

He helped replaced this kind of graphic (found at the bottom of our guide pages to link one with another):

with better representations of what is actually posted, or a fictional concept that looked more realistic.

Alabama sign at the south end of I-65:

NJ Tpk concept:

Zeffy does all of his signs in Inkscape as well.

Also, here are some quick renders of the signs you're looking for.

Not sure what happened with Newark, the text looks a bit off, but I'm don't know why.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 55+ Clinches | 225+ Traveled | 7000+ Miles Logged

tolbs17

• Last Login: March 31, 2022, 07:24:24 PM
Re: Contributing Signs to AARoads
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 10:15:43 PM »

For Greenville and the future I-87/I-587 signs.

JoePCool14

• My TravelMapping stats
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 07:28:07 PM »

What? That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about helping to create signs to be used as page redirects on the main site.

tolbs17

• Last Login: March 31, 2022, 07:24:24 PM
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 07:53:52 PM »

What? That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about helping to create signs to be used as page redirects on the main site.
Yes, that too.

Alex

• Webmaster

• Last Login: February 20, 2024, 02:36:56 PM
    • AARoads
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 10:49:30 AM »

I was looking through some old posts and I found this thread from 2017 here. I volunteered four years ago to help with making these. Is this still something that would be useful to the site? I'm looking for a valid excuse to make more signs.  :-P

Yes it would be as I can only do so much along with updating/maintaining both AARoads and Interstate-Guide. During the last couple of years, the sign graphics have been made by just me with AI. I have replaced some of those old graphics in the OP as I go along and revamp or update older pages.

myosh_tino was a tremendous help with creating templates for route markers. Zeffy also provided a lot of assistance with the guide sign graphics in 2013-15.

JoePCool14

• My TravelMapping stats
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 06:32:50 PM »

Yes it would be as I can only do so much along with updating/maintaining both AARoads and Interstate-Guide. During the last couple of years, the sign graphics have been made by just me with AI. I have replaced some of those old graphics in the OP as I go along and revamp or update older pages.

myosh_tino was a tremendous help with creating templates for route markers. Zeffy also provided a lot of assistance with the guide sign graphics in 2013-15.

Let me know what I can do to help and I'll see what I can do.  :D

Alex

• Webmaster

• Last Login: February 20, 2024, 02:36:56 PM
    • AARoads
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 09:01:40 PM »

Let me know what I can do to help and I'll see what I can do.  :D

I'll pm you

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.