News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Question about I-44 (Skelly Drive) in Tulsa

Started by bugo, October 01, 2013, 09:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Note the map shows the Will Rogers Turnpike transitioning into Skelly Drive then ending somewhere near Admiral (OK 33).  Where exactly did it end at the time, what was it signed as?  There is no Admiral interchange off of I-44 so it couldn't have been there.

Also note US 169 being shown to end at US 75 near Sapulpa.  US 169 ended at OK 67 until it was truncated and completely rerouted.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

I wonder if it hooked into OK 33 (now US 412) in 1959?

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

The whole I-44/OK 66/US 412 (OK 33)/Creek Turnpike mess is a clusterfuck.  A left exit, Cherokee Curve, I-44 exiting off itself in both directions.  It was even worse when I-44 itself took the current OK 66 left exit which then split into I-44 (Will Rogers Turnpike) and OK 66 (US 66).

rte66man

Quote from: bugo on October 02, 2013, 10:49:42 AM
The whole I-44/OK 66/US 412 (OK 33)/Creek Turnpike mess is a clusterfuck.  A left exit, Cherokee Curve, I-44 exiting off itself in both directions.  It was even worse when I-44 itself took the current OK 66 left exit which then split into I-44 (Will Rogers Turnpike) and OK 66 (US 66).

Haven't you already beat this horse to death in other threads? Enough already!
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bugo

I'll continue beating that horse until they rebuild the interchange.  It is a HORRIBLE design.  It boggles my mind that somebody thought that was a good design for a highway.  Have we really gotten that much more intelligent in the last 50 years?

Don't get me started on the IDL.

Scott5114

You should see the work zones down here in Norman. ODOT is a font of poor ideas.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bugo

The work zones are crazy here too.  I-44 between Harvard and Peoria is a 45 mph zone.  (The future eastbound lanes are now open to 2 lanes in each direction with no shoulders.)  There's another 45 on I-44/US 412 near 177th E Ave.  The ramp from I-244 west to I-444/US 75 south is closed, as is the ramp from WB 244 to NB 75/EB 64-51.  The Creek Turnpike is torn up in south Tulsa.  Construction zones as far as the eye can see.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.