News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hello from Austin

Started by Echostatic, July 25, 2019, 02:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echostatic

Thought I should introduce myself as this forum has a page for it. I'm 13, so probably one of the youngest on here. I've been to 20 states + DC, 18 of which by road trips. Living in Austin, I've gotten to experience all the freeway construction I need in a lifetime. I guess being stuck in traffic started my interest in highways. I dream of a 10-lane I-35 through downtown and bike lanes on every corridor... I might be dreaming for a while  :biggrin:

I'm working on making a Travel Mapping page, but that's not done yet. I've clinched* TX Loop 1 and nothing else (yet.)
*as a passenger, obviously
Travelled in part or in full.

hotdogPi

Welcome from Massachusetts! I'm pretty sure you are the youngest on here right now, but there have been a few who joined when they were younger (specifically noelbotevera joined when he was 11). I joined when I was 14.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Roadgeekteen

Welcome from Massachusetts! I was also 13 when I joined.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

US 81

Welcome from Texas!

Though I may be 40-ish years older than you, I, too, dream of a 10-lane I-35 thru Austin.

noelbotevera

Welcome to Club AARoads; I'm amazed you've managed to visit 20 states plus a district in such a short amount of time. Here are the rules:

Rule number one: never tell anyone about Club AARoads.
Rule number two: See rule number one.

Echostatic

Quote from: noelbotevera on July 25, 2019, 10:44:35 PM
I'm amazed you've managed to visit 20 states plus a district in such a short amount of time.

It helps that my grandparents live in Mississippi and Indiana, and most of the rest are from a road trip to DC/Gettysburg.
Travelled in part or in full.

noelbotevera

Quote from: Echostatic on July 25, 2019, 10:49:11 PM
Quote from: noelbotevera on July 25, 2019, 10:44:35 PM
I'm amazed you've managed to visit 20 states plus a district in such a short amount of time.

It helps that my grandparents live in Mississippi and Indiana, and most of the rest are from a road trip to DC/Gettysburg.
Heh, I'm not afforded that luxury; my family mostly lives in the Philippines. All of the states I've visited (23 + 2 Canadian provinces - except for MD and DC; some trips were for specific events/family business) came from several road trips throughout the years; heck, I rarely left the Mid-Atlantic until 2017!

thisdj78

Quote from: Echostatic on July 25, 2019, 02:39:27 PM
Thought I should introduce myself as this forum has a page for it. I'm 13, so probably one of the youngest on here. I've been to 20 states + DC, 18 of which by road trips. Living in Austin, I've gotten to experience all the freeway construction I need in a lifetime. I guess being stuck in traffic started my interest in highways. I dream of a 10-lane I-35 through downtown and bike lanes on every corridor... I might be dreaming for a while  :biggrin:

I'm working on making a Travel Mapping page, but that's not done yet. I've clinched* TX Loop 1 and nothing else (yet.)
*as a passenger, obviously

Welcome! I was very similar to you at that age, bought my first road atlas at 11 y/o, visited roughly the same amount of states by age 13 (5 of which I lived in). At around 16 y/o, I made it a lifetime goal to visit all 50 states....just reached that goal last week.

adventurernumber1

Welcome from northwest Georgia!  :wave:

I was 14 years old when I joined this forum several years ago.

Austin is a large and rapidly growing city, so I'd agree a 10-lane I-35 through there definitely sounds nice.

I am looking forward to seeing you around on the forum!  :nod:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

sprjus4

Quote from: Echostatic on July 25, 2019, 02:39:27 PM
I dream of a 10-lane I-35 through downtown and bike lanes on every corridor... I might be dreaming for a while  :biggrin:
Better yet, expand I-10 between San Antonio and TX-130, and TX-130 itself to 6-lanes, and make it a toll free interstate. Or just make the existing 4-lane highway a toll free interstate. And keep that 85 mph speed limit.

That would get thru traffic off I-35.

Welcome from southeast VA!

tolbs17

Welcome from Greenville, NC!

kevinb1994

Welcome from NEFL!

I've had a sampling of Austin cuisine (or should I say, Austin-style cuisine) since moving to this area of the Sunshine State. Needless to say, I loved it! It was from a local/regional sandwich (submarine) shop chain called Larry's Giant Subs, which has samplings of different American cities that also include Chicago (unfortunately what the sub shop offered as Chicago-style was not to my liking), New Orleans, and New York.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.